Global Posts
    2,790 Global Posts
    I recently purchased 2 touchpads, 1 one for me and 1 for my wife. Last night, my wife's Touchpad died and it will no longer work. It has been stuck in an endless boot loop since last night. The HP logo pops then the screen turns off and it just repeats that cycle over and over and over and over...

I am pretty techie but am brand spanking new to webOS. I have tried just about everything I could think of but nothing works. Can anyone out there help??
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    On your working TP, go to Settings > Help Tips > Baics> 5Ts: 5 ways to get your device working again or open a Live Chat with support. The first level of support just answer the phone and create a ticket. The second level support are the experts.
    Have you tried a hard reset -- press power and center (home) buttons together and hold for 15 seconds or so until it reboots.
    Global Posts
    2,790 Global Posts
    OK I will give that a shot.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    2,790 Global Posts
    Yeah tried that already. It just keeps boot looping.

Global Posts
    2,790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale46 View Post
    On your working TP, go to Settings > Help Tips > Baics> 5Ts: 5 ways to get your device working again or open a Live Chat with support. The first level of support just answer the phone and create a ticket. The second level support are the experts.
    I am chatting with them now and they are just as useless!! It is ridiculous how useless they are.
    try plugging it in. Let the battery top off. Be SURE it is charging, one problem I saw time after time is the cable that came with the device getting stressed just enough that it doesn't supply enough power to charge it.

If it continues this behaviour with a full charge the doctor it.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Yes. Get the ticket number from the vendored help desk and ask that you be transferred to the admin team. May take a bit of time; but, this team will help decide if the warranty needs to be invoked.
    Quote Originally Posted by z06mike View Post
    Yeah tried that already. It just keeps boot looping.

Same thing happened to my TP, I've solved it by:

Download webos doctor and get it ready.

The next two steps you will have to be quick

1. Push power and center button, the TP will go blank for a couple of seconds.

2. Immediately, press power and volume up, it will take you the USB restore screen. The key is you have to do step 2 while the TP is on a reboot cycle (blank screen). It won't work if you press too late and the HP logo shows up, it will end up in a loop cycle again.

Connect the cable and restore your TP if you can get pass step 2.
    Global Posts
    2,790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imisim View Post
    Same thing happened to my TP, I've solved it by:

Download webos doctor and get it ready.

The next two steps you will have to be quick

1. Push power and center button, the TP will go blank for a couple of seconds.

2. Immediately, press power and volume up, it will take you the USB restore screen. The key is you have to do step 2 while the TP is on a reboot cycle (blank screen). It won't work if you press too late and the HP logo shows up, it will end up in a loop cycle again.

Connect the cable and restore your TP if you can get pass step 2.

I will try this but my problem is not getting into Recovey/USB screen, I can do that with no problem. The problem is that once webOS doctor gets going and reboots (I assume a reboot is needed once it starts??) my Touchpad gets stuck in that endless loop.

I was just about to try this but my TP didn't have enough juice so I'm charging it one more time to give your method a try.