Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I am from India, I have ordered TP from bestbuy using Indian credit card on Aug 21 by giving them US shipping address, next day I got to know that no one will be present at the given shipping address at the time of shipment expected delivery date(30/08/2011). I called BB asked them to change the address or atleast cancel the order so that I can immediately put new order, but all went in vain. According to the UPS website the shipment was delivered on (30/08/2011) collected by customer woman, but there was no one in the house to collect, especially in hurricane irene. Till now I asked the person(whose address I used for shipping) to check surroundings & ask neighbours in hope to retrieve the shipment, but again all went in vain. I filed a claim via UPS website no response(no claim number nothing), sent mails to BB no response. This news is so devastating to me that I just can't digest the fact that I lost TP(for which I spent 2 sleep less nights just to order it) & can't concentrate on anything. I was very fond of webos decided to buy pixi + in the last month, the news of Hp TP firesale came, decided to buy TP instead of pixi +, ordered one in BB & other in Amazon(onSale) who also <<mod delete>> me by cancelling my order. No words to describe what I am going through now, I don't know whether I will ever be able to hold TP in my hand.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 09/09/2011 at 07:32 AM.
    That really sucks. I suggest calling UPS (better than waiting for email response) and inquire to whom exactly they gave the package to. They should have the name and address (depends on the driver). Could lead to nothing, could shed some light on it. Sounds like it was stolen. But I guess UPS packages have insurance, haven't they?
    Anyway, better call them!
    Good luck!
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    go to the ups tracking page and look at the proof of delivery

it should have a name, when i got mine via ups they asked for mine
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tEhLoNeR View Post
    go to the ups tracking page and look at the proof of delivery

it should have a name, when i got mine via ups they asked for mine
    in the proof of delivery it was just written received by customer woman, no name nothing.
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by st_7 View Post
    in the proof of delivery it was just written received by customer woman, no name nothing.
    You got an issue to work on. If UPS does not have a signature confirmation the drive will leave it outside. Is it an apartment ? or townhome ? Its possible that it might have been kept under porch ( if they have). Sometimes the drive just leaves the package and cover it with a plastic sheet.

Your last resort is filing a complaint, which you did. So wait for them to give you the price of the tablet back. Which just sucks.
    Something similar happened to me. Company I ordered from shipped my TP and gave me a UPS tracking number. TP was listed as "Delivered" on the UPS website, left by my front door, but there was nothing present when I got home from work. UPS is apparently working on it as the driver came by yesterday and asked me if I got it, I said I didn't, and I had to sign something (of which they didn't give me a copy).
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Yesterday got an update mail from UPS, an investigation initiated on my shipment issue, and it was closed because they Couldn't Find it, So the shipment is treated as Lost. They can't put it forward to even for Claims because only claims filed or raised by Shipper will lead to claims. Reply in their own words:
    Thank you for your inquiry. Your e-mail was forwarded to me by Tessa M. for assistance. I understand your frustration. UPS was unable to locate the package when the trace was started. The tracing information will not be sent to claims unless the shipper contacts UPS. UPS left a message for the shipper but we never received a return call. When a trace is started by a receiver, UPS will search for the package. If after eight business days we are unable to locate the package and we were unsuccessful in contacting the shipper the trace is closed instead of it being sent to claims. I sincerely apologize that I'm unable to do anything further on this. The shipper will need to contact UPS to request the investigation.Please contact us if you need any additional assistance.
    Contacted BB through mail,twitter but no response at all. So, everything is loss for me here.

I hear there was a bundled sale from some online retailers like QVC, for which also I was late, so I need help from anybody got an extra 16GB TP, I need just TP, I can give you $120 + shipping to my US PPO address. I put this price because I need to pay $100 minimum(if I am lucky with the customs). So, if anybody is willing to help me in doing that I would be grateful to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by st_7 View Post
    shipping to my US PPO address.
    I think your problem is right there....

having a USPS PPO address. look for a receiving company here in the US that will accept your packages and then send them to you later...

my friends use this....Johnny Air
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by medbuyer View Post
    I think your problem is right there....

having a USPS PPO address. look for a receiving company here in the US that will accept your packages and then send them to you later...

my friends use this....Johnny Air
    No the address I've given for my Bestbuy.com TP is a valid US residential address, if I had the PPO then I would have given it, by now I would have got TP in my hands, one person received TP here in India in the same way, the PPO is of Aramex couriers. So, very trustworthy.
    Get on the phone to Best Buy, it is very easy to ignore email etc but not so easy to ignore an irate customer on the phone.
    Oooh. Not good. A firesale Touchpad just sitting out on the doorstep?

Not too good.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Call Best Buy @ 00-1-888-237-8289. Have all your info ready for them. I expect it will take them a couple of weeks to do an investigation. Good luck.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I don't think there would be any person had bad luck than me in the last month or so with the things happening for me. First of all my amazon onsale order cancelled, secondly I lost the touchpad shipment before receiving it(update: I got refund from bestbuy, although I spent $20 for just calling them on the issue from here in India) I always wanted TP more than refund. Now with onSale cancelled honouring, if all this was not enough I am loosing my oppurtunity to get a 32gb TP for me from onSale.com, as I just can't complete the order as I'm having problems with payment issues, they are asking me everything about the credit card, including scanned(front & back) copies of the indian credit card I am using(which is one of my friend's card by the way), my friend refused to give me the copies as we know it may be used for fraud, the account manager from onSale.com who was supposed to handle my order was very kind, and told me he will process my order if I atleast get(or borrow) credit card from a USA friend to use for this order(in other words ordering on behalf of me). Anyway I don't have anyone I know in USA, so signed up with entropay.com, they just didn't allowed me to fund my VCC from my friend's credit card. They don't accept my personal Indian debit card either.

This last month has been worst for me, all my effort in staying wake up late till 2am every day from the day of the firesale has started is going away in vain. Moreover, it's not that I don't get a chance to order, but I am loosing it just before getting it. I just can't comprehend & digest this. Why this is happening for me?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadSexington View Post
    Wow.. that really sucks.. sorry... you should just be persistent... call BB, USPS and just bug them until they cave
    ^^^ I got the refund from BB(not found lost TP), but really issue is I lost another oppurtunity(from onsale) to get my first TP.
    Have you had a look on ebay?.