Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    On a related note, does anyone know if you need a receipt to claim on the warranty (in the UK) or do they just check the serial number? Cheers.
    but the guarantee covers the problem, everyone says "I have the problem, my case is cracked," but nobody says a solution.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I too ha a cracked case near my speaker....I sent it in and got it back within 10 days. It was the same unit I checked the serial number.
    I will probably send my touchpads in for repair after the holidays. 2 of the 3 cracked, one is slowly spreading into the backing plate (hidden by the case, didn't realize it had grown to half an inch long or more). No way would I spray them with plasti dip, and even if you did, I doubt its going to stop the cracking from happening.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    hi, there is a skin for TP, skin carbon fiber, this skin cover the entire case, only 4 four cornes are not covered... there is some video in youtube.

this is a great discovery!!!!
    I have the carbon fiber skin too, but I'm afraid that I won't know whether or not my touchpad has a crack due to this skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by ws2112 View Post
    I have the carbon fiber skin too, but I'm afraid that I won't know whether or not my touchpad has a crack due to this skin.

if your eyes do not see your heart does not feel
    Who knows if the skins will stop the cracking or not. I would image it probably doesn't make a whole lot of difference though. Most people with the skins may just not notice the cracks as it covers it up.

I guess need to send mine in for repair too before much longer. Was thinking about possibly getting a skin(skinomi in particular) for when i get it back. I need a screen protector anyways. The bigger issue is rather or not the skins fit with the stock HP folio case.
  9. mem
    my well cared touchpad cracked by the left speaker out of no where as well. contacted hp and sent it for a repair. they fixed and sent back the same device as I requested but this time there was an issue with the wifi. I couldn't pass the setup screen as the wifi couldn't see any of the available networks. They are sending me an another touchpad, I just hope there will not be any problems with the replacement.
    Last edited by mem; 12/21/2011 at 03:26 PM.
    Has anyone's Touchpad cracked somewhere other than by the speaker? I just noticed that mine has a small crack on the center right hand side (in portrait mode).
    As for me, 2 of the 4 cracked, but not too bad at least for now...

thanks for sharing your story.
    Quote Originally Posted by mem View Post
    my well cared touchpad cracked by the left speaker out of no where as well. contacted hp and sent it for a repair. they fixed and sent back the same device as I requested but this time there was an issue with the wifi. I couldn't pass the setup screen as the wifi couldn't see any of the available networks. They are sending me an another touchpad, I just hope there will not be any problems with the replacement.
    rats! sounds like someone probably forgot to reconnect the wifi antenna during the repair. Best of luck with your replacement.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    mine cracks at usb and headphone.
    Looks like I joined the club today. I have a bottom left crack above the right speaker. I live in Egypt though so a warranty replacement is either impossible or just not worth the time.
  15. mem
    Quote Originally Posted by crucialcolin View Post
    rats! sounds like someone probably forgot to reconnect the wifi antenna during the repair. Best of luck with your replacement.
    thanks! the replacement was sent via next day air and luckily I received a working unit this time. also I believe I was sent a brand new unit. hopefully it won't crack this time.
    Do these cracks appear after a long time? My TouchPad is about 4 months old now I guess and has had 2 owners. Still have no sign of cracking but maybe one day some will magically appear.
    Seems like mine appeared after playing a lot of games in landscape mode. Maybe it would be wise to flip the unit upside down when using landscape. Mine is from the original fire sale but wasn't taken out of the box until about two weeks ago.
    I just noticed a crack in mine by the speaker. Wasn't there yesterday and the device hasn't been dropped. This was given to me as a gift without receipt. So I don't know about the warranty.
    Had a question. Noticed that most of people start a crack around the speakers. And the skin protector won't prevent the crack either. Could that because of the combination of the plastic case AND the stereo speakers? The speakers of TP are more powerful than other tablets on the market. When you play music or movie on TP, the vibration of the speakers will cause the plastic case cracked sooner or later? I'm wondering, if I use ear piece or bluetooth speaker more often, can that prevent the crack?
    No, I doubt it would help. The problem is the holes for the speakers are making the case weak and it snaps under its own weight and/or the pressure from the user's hands.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast