1.    #1  
    I setup my google voice account to use gvmax to forward gvoice sms's to gtalk:
    https://www.gvmax.com/

then I added gtalk to the messaging application. It may take a couple minutes to get the messages to come into your touchpad the first time. If you can recieve messages but not send (contact is offline) then I would sign off the messaging application and sign back on (thats what fixed it for me) The pain is linking these new contacts to existing palm contacts but I'd say its well worth it.

And for those of you with sprint, using the google integration this can be the exact same number as your cellphone.

Also make sure you donate to gvmax so his/her service doesn't crash from all the people who will probably sign up for this.
    Last edited by acollier88; 09/08/2011 at 08:18 PM.
    The number of people who would blindly give the keys to their Google accounts to other people is staggering. Hopefully, you won't need to do that for much longer, just to get notifications.

GVoice for webOS should get you up and running on Google Voice without having to submit your google identification to a third party. Nearly all of the basic functions work in the current release version, and I'll be submitting an update soon that will clean it up and add a few more features and nice things.
    Last edited by eblade; 09/09/2011 at 09:12 PM.
    @eblade - Wouldn't this app be more appropriate for the Pre3? That's waht I would be looking for. To be able to use my google voice account to make calls from my phone, rather than the TouchPad. Not saying that I might not use this on the TouchPad. But, just that I need it far more on my Pre3.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    As we were discussing over here, Sanjay, http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...lable-now.html .. and I'm just posting that link so that the conversation about the app stays to that thread.. I don't have a Pre3, so I'll need some help with getting that to work. It's in the cards, though.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Looking foward to that Eric...I will buy it when ready.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    The number of people who would blindly give the keys to their Google accounts to other people is staggering. Hopefully, you won't need to do that for much longer, just to get notifications.

GVoice for webOS should get you up and running on Google Voice without having to submit your google identification to a third party. Nearly all of the basic functions work in the current release version, and I'll be submitting an update soon that will clean it up and add a few more features and nice things.
    how about releasing for beta testing first?first of all we can't access paid apps yet (I amtrying to apply unlockus card to purchase though) then it looks like the apps is still in beta or alpha stage based on the reviews from the app catalog
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    For now I just use Google Voice in the browser. It may not be elegant and there are no notifications, but it's free and simple.
    HP Touchpad 16GB - webOS 3.0.4 - UberKernel
    Palm Pre (Sprint) - webOS 1.4.5 - UberKernel retired
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post

You have a nice application that i thought about getting however, there are two huge advantages to this way over using your application and they are as follows:

1) Integrates into the messaging application inline with the webOS concept of synergy

2) Your application is just like google voice in browser with some fancier styling. This means any previous conversations with the same contact are for all intents and purposes treated like email threads and put into their own thread (Highly annoying)

At which point I would just pin google.com/voice to my launcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by detection View Post
    For now I just use Google Voice in the browser. It may not be elegant and there are no notifications, but it's free and simple.
    Link your GV to a dedicated email address and boom, you've got notifications.

That's the easiest way. If you want to do things a bit more complicated you can setup sepcial filters to use an existing email address instead of the easy way of setting up a dedicated address for your GV.
    Last edited by Orion Antares; 09/12/2011 at 03:34 PM.
    I installed, hard to get working. Sometimes I get my messages and can reply, other times not
    I installed, hard to get working. Sometimes I get my messages and can reply, other times not.

EDIT:
    I figured out a few things and GVMAX is working great for texts. Still need Skype credit to make calls if not tethered to phone. The main problem was the contacts messages going to the call feature instead of gtalk or google texts ( however you want to call it). The process that I found that works best is the add the receivers message to contacts or create new contact. After setting that to a gtalk type, exit the contact. Sign out of the messenger progra, then sign back in. The contact now appears as permenatley online, and can easier txt them.

Over all I am impressed with the text properties of the app. Still wish I could use google phone on touchpad, but this works for now.
    Last edited by twyckoff; 09/23/2011 at 12:02 PM.
    I installed, hard to get working. Sometimes I get my messages and can reply, other times not
    IOK, I don't know if my prior message went through or not, but ..

ACollier, I would love to hear your suggestions for things to do with the GVoice app. I've been working a little bit on offline message handling, and would be happy to listen to what it is that you would like to see.

GVoice is currently suspended in the app store, as Google made an inadvertent change to the Voice messaging pages (they inserted html comments into the middle of Javascript code, which breaks a lot of voice utilities, and even some web browsers), and I suspended sales of the app and immediately submitted a fix. We're just waiting on the people who do the approval stuff at the App Catalog side to get that approved.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I would love to try out this app for google voice also. I will watch for it to be available in the App catalog again.