View Poll Results: Does your front panel stick out??

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

37 49.33%
  • NO

36 48.00%
  • I have a different fault - Please Comment

2 2.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am curious to find out how many users have this poblem with their touhpads..

The touchpad works perfectly fine BUT its really annoying holding it when you can feel that the front panel isn't flush/ the front panel is standing proud of the plastic surround on the lefthand side, you can actually push and see the front panel going up and down

REMEMBER - this is only slightly out, not obvious if you just look at your touchpad..

I also found out that possibly this could affect all Touchpads, as they are clips only on the right side that hold the front panel to the case as the link shows

Installing HP TouchPad Front Panel - iFixit

I have almost given up as this isnt up to standards with a device ive barely used for 1 week

What about you?? Do you have the same fault?? Would you ignore it or would you bother sending it to HP for repair??

Your feedback is welcome, thanks
    Last edited by smell; 09/18/2011 at 08:25 AM.
    yes and the right side is slightly sunken in at the corners... came like that. And ofcourse the crack by there speaker.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by specter View Post
    yes and the right side is slightly sunken in at the corners... came like that. And ofcourse the crack by there speaker.
    ouch!
    will you be sending it back to HP for repair/replacement?
    Global Posts
    524 Global Posts
    Mine is not flush in the lower right corner while in portrait orientation. The glass and rubber are slightly above the plastic frame. It won't budge when I press on it though. Everything works fine on the TP though. I'm not too concerned.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    Mine is not flush in the lower right corner while in portrait orientation. The glass and rubber are slightly above the plastic frame. It won't budge when I press on it though. Everything works fine on the TP though. I'm not too concerned.
    interesting...

the fact that mine can move up and down makes me want to send it for repair
    Quote Originally Posted by smell View Post
    ouch!
    will you be sending it back to HP for repair/replacement?
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3142634
  7.    #7  
    any updates? Anyone contacted HP?
    Last edited by smell; 09/18/2011 at 08:26 AM.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Yeah noticed this. I find it to be a minor issue though.
  9.    #9  
    OH NOOOOOO

the day has finally come, my tp has a tiny crack near the speaker :'(
    Same issue with mine but I'm not sure if I'll send it in for repairs. I might just wait it out and see if it gets any worse.
    Yup, mine has been raised on the left side since day one. I've come to accept it because it was only $100, but would certainly be angry if I paid any more for such poor manufacturing.
    I'm hoping the 1 year warranty from HP will cover me down the road if my screen decides to fall off. A rep from the live chat said it would be covered and replaced.
    Mine as well. No crack by the speaker though but there is a screen bleed of white closer to the left speaker in landscape mode with speakers down. Also some hairline cracks by my power button... And scratches (doesnt look to hairline to me) by my charging/microusb.. port Doesn't seem like anything too major though.
    Hmm... not mine. I looked very closely and my front panel is exactly the same all the way around and does not move at all. For me the panel is just a tiny little bit higher than the bezel edge and certainly looks like that was how it was suppose to be. No cracks either my but I have had it in this case the whole time except for the first few days I had it:

Amazon.com: Poetic(TM) HP TouchPad Stand Leather Case with Angle Adjustable for HP TouchPad 9.7-inch Tablet PC Wi-Fi (Black)(Compatible with the HP Touchstone): Electronics
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Mine was pretty bad (75% of the lower screen was above the rim by the home button). I gently applied pressure and it popped down into place.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by sikfrk View Post
    Same issue with mine but I'm not sure if I'll send it in for repairs. I might just wait it out and see if it gets any worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by dangson View Post
    Yup, mine has been raised on the left side since day one. I've come to accept it because it was only $100, but would certainly be angry if I paid any more for such poor manufacturing.
    Quote Originally Posted by sikfrk View Post
    I'm hoping the 1 year warranty from HP will cover me down the road if my screen decides to fall off. A rep from the live chat said it would be covered and replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by mibaksh View Post
    Mine as well. No crack by the speaker though but there is a screen bleed of white closer to the left speaker in landscape mode with speakers down. Also some hairline cracks by my power button... And scratches (doesnt look to hairline to me) by my charging/microusb.. port Doesn't seem like anything too major though.
    reading all the comments above you all don't seem phased too much with the damage, I might hold out for a while too...

Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetude View Post
    Hmm... not mine. I looked very closely and my front panel is exactly the same all the way around and does not move at all. For me the panel is just a tiny little bit higher than the bezel edge and certainly looks like that was how it was suppose to be. No cracks either my but I have had it in this case the whole time except for the first few days I had it:

Amazon.com: Poetic(TM) HP TouchPad Stand Leather Case with Angle Adjustable for HP TouchPad 9.7-inch Tablet PC Wi-Fi (Black)(Compatible with the HP Touchstone): Electronics
    give it time, give it time :-(

I treat my tp like a baby and it still happened
    Last edited by smell; 09/20/2011 at 12:01 AM.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by DizWhiz View Post
    Mine was pretty bad (75% of the lower screen was above the rim by the home button). I gently applied pressure and it popped down into place.
    tried but still the same ;(
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Yea mines got it. Im so glad I read this thread and saw the ifixit pics though. Looks like thats how the front assembly is designed. I was worried the lcd itself was separating but its not, the assembly is just lifted from the case slightly. As long as it doesn't effect use, which you can tell it wont if you look at the pics, who gives a frak. This thing cost $99, ill keep it held together with glue if I have to LOL.
    I don't have this issue, but my center button is recessed and feels ready to break or get stuck at anytime. If I push the bezel down around it, then the button becomes flush again temporarily. I'm concerned enough that I try not to use it.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I had glass separation on the left side of the tablet and noticed it the second day after purchase (firesale of the 32GB tablet). It was pretty bad. I could almost see inside. I contacted HP and they had no problem having me send it in for repair with the option for expedited repair for $30 or an advanced exchange for $60. After talking with them about 4 times, they agreed to an advanced exchange for free. I received the replacement the next day. The replacement has glass separation in the exact same area (left side in the middle) but is not nearly bad as the original. It was a pain in the ****, but they did hook me up and stated they new about the issue. That was after speaking to someone 4 times though. I LOVE webOS, almost glad they are staying away from the hardware....almost :-). I'm so glad i was able to get back to webOS with the tablet!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast