Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mellowbugle
  1.    #1  
    See below post with pics of possible 3G TP!!!!!!!!!!!! 6th Post

My TP is a 16GB purchased from HP and under the device info screen the part number for my 16GB TP is FB45UT#ABA.

HP states that is not a valid number and that all 16GB HP TP are FB355UA#ABA.

My box even has printed on the outside label FB45UT#ABA. So what gives, do I have a super secret model that HP wasn't supposed to send me?
    Last edited by BayAreaTreo; 09/08/2011 at 06:09 PM.
    Put it on ebay for $1000.
    nothing special. I have a 454UT too
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowbugle View Post
    nothing special. I have a 454UT too
    This makes me laugh. Below is a blurb directly from a domestic HP employee email:

"The Touchpad #1 example (FB45UT#ABA) mentioned is an incomplete part number, and is not a standard consumer production 16G Touchpad as there is only one part number for the 16G Touchpad device FB355UA#ABA."

See below post with pics of possible 3G TP!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by BayAreaTreo; 09/08/2011 at 06:03 PM.
    well there was 2 parts numbers for both the 16GB and the 32GB

1 was for general user and the other business... like if you got one through on-sale , HP SB it might be the business part number (hardware is exactly the same it was just used for tracking purpose for who was buying them)
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
  6.    #6  
    Well I scanned the UPC label on both TP boxes using my iPhone and something very interesting came up. The The Touchpad (FB45UT#ABA) is showing that this model is Wifi and 3G and part number FB355UA#ABA for the other 16GB TP is showing Wifi only. See attached pictures, what do you make of this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BayAreaTreo; 09/08/2011 at 05:59 PM.
    see if you can put a sim card in it. press the sim tray and let us know what you find
    My HP TouchPad has a black button, down the bottom on the same side as the volume buttons.. any idea what that is for?

When I press it, it comes out
    Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post
    My HP TouchPad has a black button, down the bottom on the same side as the volume buttons.. any idea what that is for?

When I press it, it comes out
    That's just a little tag with the serial number and part number of your touchpad. Have you not noticed that it isn't printed anywhere on the device and really you need some form of record incase you dont keep the box and need to call up for warranty, repair.

Dave

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Proud webOS supporter!
    My Palm history: Vx, Centro, Pre-, Pre 2, Veer, Pre 3, Touchpad 32Gb & Panda Veer
    Aw, got my hopes up
    I'd love if I accidentally got a 3g touchpad, lol. Don't get my hopes up!
    BayAreaTreo and Time like this.
    pretty unlikely. What's up with your jpegs though? My touchpad is trying to load them I office, and my computer wants to try to execute them.
    I think that model is a business model and not the regular consumer model?

Anyway the spec is here HP TouchPads – Tablet PCs
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by retraux View Post
    That's just a little tag with the serial number and part number of your touchpad. Have you not noticed that it isn't printed anywhere on the device and really you need some form of record incase you dont keep the box and need to call up for warranty, repair.

Dave

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    huh...so there is!