Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 78
Like Tree7Likes
  1. tboy2000's Avatar
    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
       #1  
    Here is a working solution to fixing the 'unable to download email' errors since installing Muffle System Logging patch. It may have got lost in other posts so I think it deserves its own thread as the problem has affected so many users.

    Credit to Codecrumb (Please thank him too!)

    1. Connect your touchpad to your PC and select charge only mode on your Touchpad.
    2. Open WebOS Quick Install on your PC.
    3. Go to Tools, Linux Commandline.
    4. Type the following exactly: find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;
    5. Press Enter.
    6. Wait for the line: root@HPTouchPadxxgig:/#
    7. Reset the Touchpad.

    I did this without uninstalling Muffle System Logging patch.

    Finally!
    Last edited by tboy2000; 09/28/2011 at 11:38 PM.
    rkd7777, miczroberts and Rnp like this.
  2. #2  
    So I'm confused. Did this patch cause this problem in the first place? I had the version 22, now 23, and encountered no such issue.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    So I'm confused. Did this patch cause this problem in the first place? I had the version 22, now 23, and encountered no such issue.
    for some users yes it has
    Conne>< Coding

    Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

    Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

    Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

  4. #4  
    why does that solve the problem? What is that command accomplishing?
  5. #5  
    Some people are saying this fix is causing their Pivot issue to disappear. Since I only updated to the troublesome patch last night, can I alter the mtime to something like "-2" and perhaps spare my Pivot issue (which I haven't read yet)?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by tboy2000 View Post
    Here is a working solution to fixing the 'unable to download email' errors since installing Muffle System Logging patch. It may have got lost in other posts so I think it deserves its own thread as the problem has affected so many users.

    Credit to Codecrumb

    1. Connect your touchpad to your PC and select charge only mode on your Touchpad.
    2. Open WebOS Quick Install.
    3. Go to Tools, Linux Commandline
    4. Type the following: find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;
    5. Press enter.
    6. Wait for the line: root@HPTouchPadxxgig:/#
    7. Reset the Touchpad

    I did this without uninstalling Muffle System Logging patch.

    Finally!
    are u referring to email attachments internal error?
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    are u referring to email attachments internal error?
    did the muffle logging patch also caused screen capture issue? it didn't capture the screen. The snap goes off...but no capture under photo app --> screen capture..
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tboy2000 View Post
    Here is a working solution to fixing the 'unable to download email' errors since installing Muffle System Logging patch. It may have got lost in other posts so I think it deserves its own thread as the problem has affected so many users.

    Credit to Codecrumb

    1. Connect your touchpad to your PC and select charge only mode on your Touchpad.
    2. Open WebOS Quick Install.
    3. Go to Tools, Linux Commandline
    4. Type the following: find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;
    5. Press enter.
    6. Wait for the line: root@HPTouchPadxxgig:/#
    7. Reset the Touchpad

    I did this without uninstalling Muffle System Logging patch.

    Finally!
    Can you confirm this works with the most current version-23 installed? And will Pivot be available to use moving forward after this month’s issue?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGoRed View Post
    Some people are saying this fix is causing their Pivot issue to disappear. Since I only updated to the troublesome patch last night, can I alter the mtime to something like "-2" and perhaps spare my Pivot issue (which I haven't read yet)?
    sending emails is more important to me...
    --Simon
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    did the muffle logging patch also caused screen capture issue? it didn't capture the screen. The snap goes off...but no capture under photo app --> screen capture..
    seems like updating the muffle logging patch fixed the screen capture issue....
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
  11. #11  
    Muffle System Logging patch causes a bug in the file indexer, causing newly taken pictures/screen captures to not show up in the on device file browser. They an still be viewed from Internalz or when plugged into a computer in USB mode. Muffle System Logging patches have always created this problem. Apparently it causes the email attachment download problem as well.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    Muffle System Logging patch causes a bug in the file indexer, causing newly taken pictures/screen captures to not show up in the on device file browser. They an still be viewed from Internalz or when plugged into a computer in USB mode. Muffle System Logging patches have always created this problem. Apparently it causes the email attachment download problem as well.
    This is the email attachment issue u r referring to?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    This is the email attachment issue u r referring to?
    I uninstalled the patch and the issue is still there. What's going on?
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
  14. #14  
    I just want to confirm if this is only pertaining to the email attachment issue and not the "An error occurred downloading this message" issue where it doesn't display the body of emails, as the latter is the one I'm experiencing as of 2 days ago.

    Not at home to test this out right now.

    EDIT: The command has resolved this particular email issue as well.
    Last edited by Lemonade727; 09/08/2011 at 05:04 PM.
  15. stephentr's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #15  
    thank you!
  16. #16  
    That fixed several problems WOW! Just force removing a few files....amazing..love me some linux!
  17. #17  
    Is this causing pivot issue?
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
  18. stephentr's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #18  
    actually yea my pivot issue is gone now, after i did the fix.
  19. #19  
    will it come back for the new issue? I guess unintended consequences of a patch. Hope the developer of the patch provides a more clear info on this. may be other developers can support as well. Thanks
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
  20. m_kock's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    #20  
    Just update the Muffle app again in Preware, and you'll be fixed. Developer released a fix.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions