Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree7Likes
    I finally got the command to work without permission denied (i didn't copy "find"), however, I am still having the same problem..... ???????

This sucks... I use my touchpad for email everywhere i go... now no email...
    Last edited by g0d4lm1ty; 09/22/2011 at 09:20 AM.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    thanks worked great for me! just copied and pasted the line. no more e-mail download errors. pivot still works fine and my preware number of installed items never changed.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    broken again. Seems like it fixed it for day.
    Have tried to do this for WEEKS and still no success.

Have copied and pasted, changed the time and done everything everyone else has suggested and still no luck.

Email is essential to me and I think the TP has the best solution (at least for me).

I. Need. A. Fix. For. This. Please and thank you.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Im at work so I don't know the exact names of all of the apps BUT you don't need to use command line stuff! In Preware, remove muffle logging (to be sure), download "Emergency Cache Delete" (or something like that...don't remember exactly, just search "emergency" in preware, you'll see it.), restart, then install "Emergency Restore" (or something like that...I don't remember the exact name either. All I know is in the description it says that it will restore you ipkg info so your correct number of installations will show up in preware. I'm sure you can find it with a little reading!). Problem solved! And YES, Pivot will be gone for a bit but it should refresh, as will your pic thumbnails until they refresh.

Addendum: its emergency filcache and emergency reconstruction.
    Last edited by klyph; 09/25/2011 at 11:21 AM.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tboy2000 View Post
    Here is a working solution to fixing the 'unable to download email' errors since installing Muffle System Logging patch. It may have got lost in other posts so I think it deserves its own thread as the problem has affected so many users.

Credit to Codecrumb

1. Connect your touchpad to your PC and select charge only mode on your Touchpad.
    2. Open WebOS Quick Install.
    3. Go to Tools, Linux Commandline
    4. Type the following: find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;
    5. Press enter.
    6. Wait for the line: root@HPTouchPadxxgig:/#
    7. Reset the Touchpad

I did this without uninstalling Muffle System Logging patch.

Finally!
    Your instructions worked flawlessly! Thanks a million!
    What does this do?
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414 View Post
    Have tried to do this for WEEKS and still no success.

Have copied and pasted, changed the time and done everything everyone else has suggested and still no luck.

Email is essential to me and I think the TP has the best solution (at least for me).

I. Need. A. Fix. For. This. Please and thank you.
    Got THE solution for this from elsewhere on the site ...

Go to Preware and select "Available Other" and then select "Linux Application" and then "Utilities".

Select "Emergency Filecache Wipe" and hit "Install" and do a device reset IMMEDIATELY.

You will lose the current issue of Pivot, but it will return!

Worked for me ... emails now running flawlessly!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad

Go to Preware and select "Available Other" and then select "Linux Application" and then "Utilities".

Select "Emergency Filecache Wipe" and hit "Install" and do a device reset IMMEDIATELY.

this worked flawlessly for me after trying all the other suggestions on here!! thnx alot mate
    curiously, does the issue ever rear its ugly head again or once its done its done?

The Emergency Filecache wipe works but only temporarily for me. Seems the problem comes back , usually in a few hours. So far I haven't had a permanent fix with either the Linux command line instruction or the cache wipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by tboy2000 View Post
    Here is a working solution to fixing the 'unable to download email' errors since installing Muffle System Logging patch. It may have got lost in other posts so I think it deserves its own thread as the problem has affected so many users.

Credit to Codecrumb (Please thank him too!)

1. Connect your touchpad to your PC and select charge only mode on your Touchpad.
    2. Open WebOS Quick Install.
    3. Go to Tools, Linux Commandline
    4. Type the following: find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;
    5. Press enter.
    6. Wait for the line: root@HPTouchPadxxgig:/#
    7. Reset the Touchpad

I did this without uninstalling Muffle System Logging patch.

Finally!
    Worked flawlessly on mine
    Hi,
    I've tried both solutions the emergency filecache wipe and the command in Linux Utilities.
    I'm still getting the same error message. Any other ideas.
    Thanks
    I've got an idea. Let's pray that CM7 finishes it's release soon. This type of thing shouldn't happen in a finished OS period and if it did, HP should have released a fix by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by moasis View Post
    I've got an idea. Let's pray that CM7 finishes it's release soon. This type of thing shouldn't happen in a finished OS period and if it did, HP should have released a fix by now.
    I don't see how this can possibly help with the issue of downloading email via the webOS email client. Let's keep it constructive please.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet greggo View Post
    I don't see how this can possibly help with the issue of downloading email via the webOS email client. Let's keep it constructive please.
    OK let's keep it constructive. I have warmed to WebOS but these types of slip-ups seems like a beta operating system. I was extremely upset that I had to google how to get an email app(was written by HP i'm sure) to work.
    I don't think the problem is with the app, but with a patch that's interfering with it.
    None of the solutions like de/re/installing Muffle System Logging, clearing cache (both with command line and Emergency Cache Wipeout), removing-recreating accounts didn't help me.

Still having the issue with Exchange Account on Touchpad. Cannot read emails regardless of attachment in it. SOS!

Gmail works perfect though..

UPD: now somehow can read emails with attachments, but not the ones WITHOUT attachments. It's playing with me..
    Last edited by jul00; 10/18/2011 at 01:12 AM. Reason: update
    after OTA 3.0.4 update
    still unable to read emails
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234