Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Hmmm, this doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. I can't open attachments in older emails and sending emails from my TP doesn't seem to work reliably.
    Like ariker and z_man, I first used the command line with 7 and lost Pivot. I tried using it again with 4 instead, but Pivot is still missing. The HP App Catalog appears to be up and running, so that can't be the source of the problem. Any solutions? Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    Muffle System Logging patch causes a bug in the file indexer, causing newly taken pictures/screen captures to not show up in the on device file browser. They an still be viewed from Internalz or when plugged into a computer in USB mode. Muffle System Logging patches have always created this problem. Apparently it causes the email attachment download problem as well.
    This is inaccurate. 3.0.2-22 of the patch caused two copies of the filecache binary to be invoked leading to race conditions. Versions before and after -22 are just fine.

To be absolutely clear, muffle in general does not cause file indexing issues. There is a severe file-indexing bug in the webos 2.x series that shows up more or less randomly that has been repeatedly blamed on muffle but is something that needs to be fixed by Palm. See DanPLC's various posts on this.

There's actually a way to recreate this condition (most of the time).
    1) Go to a different country or go into airplane mode, shut to down, take out the battery. In general, create a situation where the clock drifts from real time.
    2) Use Clock Sync to reset the time.
    3) Open the camera app, try to take a picture and watch it fail
    4) Reboot to restore a working phone.

TBH, this isn't really an easy issue to solve (by Palm) as there are all sorts of corner conditions, particularly for someone that travels a lot. However, it is something that has been going long enough that a fix really needs to be in place. Having a ntp client as an alternate source instead of just relying on cell time would be a good start.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    worked for me....thanks!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I can't read any of my emails at all, regardless of attachment or not. I just get a message saying "An error occurred downloading this message" with a Reload button that gives me the same message. I have removed the Muffle System Logging patch and removed my gmail account and reloaded it and still receive the same errors after reboot. I have little to no experience with Linux and won't be able to connect my TouchPad to WOSQI until I get home at the end of the day. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    i am having same issue....also noticing sent mail messages not appearing in my sent msil folder....anyone else seeing this?
    twitter: fundserv
    dballew likes this.
    when i type the command line in, are there spaces anywhere or is it just all characters with no spaces?

thanks
  8. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    There are spaces. Type exactly as posted.
    i'm having a hard time telling where the spaces are and i just want to be positive that i've got it right...

this is how i think it should be put in based on what it looks like to me.. anytime you seen an * i'm indicating a space.. please correct it if i have it wrong..

find*/var/file-cache*-type*f*-mtime*-7*-exec*rm*-f*{}*\;

thanks for the help! this is my first time using command prompts for the tp

also can i still switch the 7 to a 4 to try and save the pivot issue? or do i need to use a 5 since everyone was using 4 yesterday and obviously another day has passed since that was posted..

thanks again everyone
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Not sure if this issue also is impacting another app i am having trouble with.....can someone that has Flight Predictor HD on the touchpad try the following?

If you have flights already in the app(from a previous flight) try to swipe one away and when you are prompted to delete....choose delete. Does your flight delete or does it stay? Mine stay

Also I am unable to add new flights. When prompted to add a flight Try to add one via "route" select your from and to airport and then it will do a search of flights select one to add and does it add to your list? Mine does not....

This also started occuring after i added the muffle patch
    Last edited by wbarter; 09/09/2011 at 07:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrute89 View Post
    i'm having a hard time telling where the spaces are and i just want to be positive that i've got it right...

this is how i think it should be put in based on what it looks like to me.. anytime you seen an * i'm indicating a space.. please correct it if i have it wrong..

find*/var/file-cache*-type*f*-mtime*-7*-exec*rm*-f*{}*\;

thanks for the help! this is my first time using command prompts for the tp

also can i still switch the 7 to a 4 to try and save the pivot issue? or do i need to use a 5 since everyone was using 4 yesterday and obviously another day has passed since that was posted..

thanks again everyone
    Just Copy/paste the original sentence in your windows dont worry about the space , if you just make a copy and a paste it will be good
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by niighthawk View Post
    Just Copy/paste the original sentence in your windows dont worry about the space , if you just make a copy and a paste it will be good
    just to add....from the command prompt you can not ctrl v to paste...instead right click paste....and like nighthawk said...you'll be golden
    well i have an interesting new problem after applying the fix (and yes i did copy and paste after figuring out that i had to right click instead of control-v)

when i go to the preware app, it only shows that i have 4 items installed... before the fix i had 58 installed.. luna restart and reboot haven't resolved this issue for me..

any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by tboy2000 View Post
    7. Reset the Touchpad
    Does "reset" mean performing a restart of the Touch Pad or do you really mean a full reset?

Bye!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrute89 View Post
    well i have an interesting new problem after applying the fix (and yes i did copy and paste after figuring out that i had to right click instead of control-v)

when i go to the preware app, it only shows that i have 4 items installed... before the fix i had 58 installed.. luna restart and reboot haven't resolved this issue for me..

any ideas?
    I'm having the same issue with only 4 items installed (3 built in apps 1 unkown). Also the Catalog is still missing. At least email works.
    Heck, that was one annoying problem...
    Thx OP, worked like a charm!
    C:\Users\Admin\Desktop>"C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc/novacom.exe" -d 64c99e7fc431f
    d010b68a2523aaf0f2b493b2b89 -t open tty://
    root@HPTouchpizzle:/# /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -4 -exec rm -f {} \;
    /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -4 -exec rm -f {} \;
    /bin/sh: /var/file-cache: Permission denied
    root@HPTouchpizzle:/#
    root@HPTouchpizzle:/#

uhhhhhh permission denied... did i forget to do something?????
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    did you set your devise to enable dev mode?
    yes........
    This fix allows me to now access 2 of my email accounts (AOL & Exchange). However I still can not load any emails from my Gmail account or another Imap account. I tried removing my Gmail account and reloading, but still not working.

Note: I did use 4 instead of 7 in my command line and was able to retain the latest Pivot issue.

Also, is anyone having backup issues? I'm not sure if this is a related bug, but I haven't been able to backup my touchpad since I updated the Muffle patch.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast