Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 78
Like Tree7Likes
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by tboy2000 View Post
    Here is a working solution to fixing the 'unable to download email' errors since installing Muffle System Logging patch. It may have got lost in other posts so I think it deserves its own thread as the problem has affected so many users.

    Credit to Codecrumb

    1. Connect your touchpad to your PC and select charge only mode on your Touchpad.
    2. Open WebOS Quick Install.
    3. Go to Tools, Linux Commandline
    4. Type the following: find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;
    5. Press enter.
    6. Wait for the line: root@HPTouchPadxxgig:/#
    7. Reset the Touchpad

    I did this without uninstalling Muffle System Logging patch.

    Finally!
    Thanks.

    I asked the DV for an English version of his fix such as what you've done, and got a flat out no.

    Unfortunately I had already Dr'd before your post.

    Needless to say I won't be punching his "Donate" button any time soon.
  2. #22  
    As another member explained to you, if you have to ask for an explanation, you are liable to hurt yourself or your touchpad. So in your case, its better to doctor.

    So the answer is still no.
  3. #23  
    The OP was all I would have needed, but thanks for nuttin.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by stephentr View Post
    actually yea my pivot issue is gone now, after i did the fix.
    Can u please clarify? Did the find command resulted in pivot issue or not? what pivot issue did it fix? Thanks.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
  5. #25  
    facepalm...
    --Simon
  6. tboy2000's Avatar
    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
       #26  
    It seems to have got rid of the pivot issue but as someone else said for me reading my emails is more important. Hopefully there will be a proper fix later but for now this is working great.
  7. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    #27  
    I changed the time from 7 to 4. My email attachments are restored, and Pivot is fine.
  8. tboy2000's Avatar
    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
       #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I changed the time from 7 to 4. My email attachments are restored, and Pivot is fine.
    What do you mean you changed the time? What time? Where?

    Edit. You mean in the command line. What does changing the time mean?
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I changed the time from 7 to 4. My email attachments are restored, and Pivot is fine.
    Changed my 7 to a 4 in the command line. I now can read the body and attachments but pivot is still blank.
  10. SCM
    SCM is offline
    SCM's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    #30  
    For what its worth, I just removed the bad Muffle System Log, then forwarded the effected emails to myself. The attachments opened fine then. Worked with the new Muffle System Logging also.
  11. bignoze's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    #31  
    in the patch the time is 7 he changed it to 4.
    arvind0 likes this.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    As another member explained to you, if you have to ask for an explanation, you are liable to hurt yourself or your touchpad. So in your case, its better to doctor.

    So the answer is still no.
    Will you at some point be offering a revision to the actual patch in preware, or have users self revise on their own.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by tboy2000 View Post
    Here is a working solution to fixing the 'unable to download email' errors since installing Muffle System Logging patch. It may have got lost in other posts so I think it deserves its own thread as the problem has affected so many users.

    Credit to Codecrumb

    1. Connect your touchpad to your PC and select charge only mode on your Touchpad.
    2. Open WebOS Quick Install.
    3. Go to Tools, Linux Commandline
    4. Type the following: find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;
    5. Press enter.
    6. Wait for the line: root@HPTouchPadxxgig:/#
    7. Reset the Touchpad

    I did this without uninstalling Muffle System Logging patch.

    Finally!
    Ensure that the touchpad is in developer mode. Otherwise, WOSQI doesn't detect the device.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I changed the time from 7 to 4. My email attachments are restored, and Pivot is fine.
    I used 4 instead of 7 and pivot is fine. I downloaded email attachments from before and after the corrupt ML patch. They all worked fine. I ran the command without the latest ML patch.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
  15. zman_11's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    #35  
    If I have already run the command line with the 7 in it will running it again and changing it to 4 put Pivot back or will I just need to wait for the next one to come out?

    Thanks for your help,
    Johnny
  16. skatopias's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #36  
    I ran the command line with 4 and it helped my email issue but now when I open up the hp catalog it will show pivot then it will refresh and give the grey triangle saying "The action could not be completed. Try again later." Anybody else having this issue and have any tips to get around this?
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by skatopias View Post
    I ran the command line with 4 and it helped my email issue but now when I open up the hp catalog it will show pivot then it will refresh and give the grey triangle saying "The action could not be completed. Try again later." Anybody else having this issue and have any tips to get around this?
    App Catalog is down right now, they are investigating.
  18. skatopias's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    App Catalog is down right now, they are investigating.
    Really? Well thanks for clarifying this for me. I really appreciate your help.
  19. #39  
    How long does it take for "root@HPTouchPadxxgig:/#" to appear?

    After I hit enter, I see:
    root@HPTouchPad:/#
    root@HPTouchPad:/#
  20. #40  
    You're fine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions