Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    This is my second TouchPad, and both have done this. I'm pretty sure this is a software issue, but I can't track it down. Has anyone else noticed their TouchPad gaining or loosing time? Mine has gained exactly 11 minutes on several occasions WITH timesync on. It fixed once I turn sync off and back on again.
    There's a thread about it, maybe in Homebrew.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Thanks. I'll dig more. Unfortunately, "time" "minutes" "gains" are common words when searching.
    Quote Originally Posted by rksand View Post
    Thanks. I'll dig more. Unfortunately, "time" "minutes" "gains" are common words when searching.
    Yep. I just remembered seeing it.
    are you running 3.0.2? What are you comparing to? Watch, PC? Etc?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Yes, 3.0.2, and I'm comparing it to my Pre, and everything else. 11 mins is a big gain!
    Thats not a glitch its a feature. My pre gains a minute or two every once in a while. See webOS has a built in time travel feature. Plus everything else hasnt caught up to it yet
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

wickedcontra likes this.
    sounds to me like a hardware flaw, but my gut is that it's at least partially related to location.

what happens if you leave it in airplane mode for a few days? No fun, but that would ensure that it isn't related to where/how it updates the time.

also, does it do the same thing when set to update manually?

if so, you are probably going to have to get it reoaired/replaced.
    sounds to me like a hardware flaw, but my gut is that it's at least partially related to location.

what happens if you leave it in airplane mode for a few days? No fun, but that would ensure that it isn't related to where/how it updates the time.

also, does it do the same thing when set to update manually?

if so, you are probably going to have to get it repaired/replaced.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    Thats not a glitch its a feature.
    Yea, I'm using it to get stock quotes and lottery numbers

I don't think its hardware, I returned my first TP because of the time gain of 11 mins. It must be something I have installed.

I've thought about turning off time sync and airplane mode. I am here looking for others in the same boat before reinventing the wheel.
    geeksquadkid likes this.
    Yea, I'm using it to get stock quotes and lottery numbers.
    Im sitting in the library at my school on one of the computers when I read that. I honestly laughed out loud and about 15 people turned and looked at me
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I don't know if it was exactly increments of 11 minutes, but I did find mine was running about half an hour fast. Has been correct since I changed it (set back to manual, changed the time, then set back to automatic).
    Mine has been doing this, as I discussed on a couple of other threads, and I've been keeping my eye on it over the last couple of weeks to see if I can identify the problem. So far, the only correlation I've noticed is that it seems to occur sometimes when the TP checks/downloads new e-mail. I may try disabling the mail program to see if the issue still occurs.
    I've been getting this constantly. I'm 2.5 hours off at the moment, it's been 2 days since I reset my time.

I just turned on the network time sync, and it immediately picked up the correct time. I wonder why it's never doing that normally.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    What kernel patches are you guys with clock problems running. I'm running uberkernel 3.02.52 and my time is dead on the money, so far, knock on wood.
    No kernel patches, other than that pretty much the stock unit, with the normal recommended patches. I noticed this first happened before I ever had any of that stuff installed on it, though, so I'm pretty sure it's not a patch fault. My gf's doesn't do it, and it has most of the same patches.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    No kernel patches, other than that pretty much the stock unit, with the normal recommended patches. I noticed this first happened before I ever had any of that stuff installed on it, though, so I'm pretty sure it's not a patch fault. My gf's doesn't do it, and it has most of the same patches.
    So, which differ?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I've noticed the time error after a night on the touchstone with exhibition mode running. Really sucks as an alarm clock!

I am running uberkerel (which auto-corrects to Berkeley, BTW) and 14 patches, but I don't think this is patch related as my TouchPad did this the first week I owned it. I even doctored it and when it happened again, HP exchanged it for me.

I have timesync on. It would be interesting to see if it happens when timesync is off. I was wondering if this is a timesync problem. If so, it may occasionally throw off the time, but then correct it at the next sync and if we don't look, we will never know about it.

Is everybody seeing exactly 11 minutes fast?
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    ...Mine has gained exactly 11 minutes on several occasions WITH timesync on...
    Sounds like you've got a bad flux capacitor. (Sorry, I couldn't resist)
    geeksquadkid likes this.
    run LCARS-Clock.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast