Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    run LCARS-Clock.....
    I do!
    Quote Originally Posted by rksand View Post
    I do!
    well... then your Touchpad's internal chronometer should have been in sync with the nearest Federation time beacon. Unless you have encountered a localized time-space distortion.
    Quote Originally Posted by rksand View Post
    I've noticed the time error after a night on the touchstone with exhibition mode running. Really sucks as an alarm clock!

I am running uberkerel (which auto-corrects to Berkeley, BTW) and 14 patches, but I don't think this is patch related as my TouchPad did this the first week I owned it. I even doctored it and when it happened again, HP exchanged it for me.

I have timesync on. It would be interesting to see if it happens when timesync is off. I was wondering if this is a timesync problem. If so, it may occasionally throw off the time, but then correct it at the next sync and if we don't look, we will never know about it.

Is everybody seeing exactly 11 minutes fast?
    I've been getting this problem intermittently too. Sometimes its 11 minutes others it can be 22 minutes. Odd that its always a multiple of 11. I have Network time ON so I thought it might be a time server sync issue. It seems to fix itself up but I fix it manually sometimes.

Could it be location based, maybe a dodgey time server. I'm in Australia (Victoria) where the time is GMT+11:00 at the moment.

I'm also running the latest official webOS 3.0.4. No other patches.

Did this ever get resolved for anyone?
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I talked with webOS butler and solved this problem by following the steps they provide to fix it. Here is how: (do the following when time drift happens)

- open "date & time" in the settings panel

- turn the network time OFF

- adjust time to the correct time

- set time zone to your time zone

- turn on the network time

- restart the device

That's it. After doing so I no longer have this issue.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    resetting the clock doesn't fix that it jumps 10 minutes forward whenever the heck it wants. :P
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    resetting the clock doesn't fix that it jumps 10 minutes forward whenever the heck it wants. :P
    I can confirm that. I followed matchqq's procedure and its fixes the time up at that moment but the time jump comes back later.

A quicker way to temporarily fix it is just turn the Network time off and on again. No need to manually adjust the time or time zone. And no need to restart the TouchPad.
    yea i flip it off, then adjust the time, then flip it back on, because it doesn't seem like it will go and check the network time again for some time, if it doesn't change. maybe i'm wrong, though.

It's been happening a -lot- less to me lately. I unfortunately have no idea why. But I did actually -see- it happen the other day, the sudden clock jump happened while I was looking at it, and the upper right hand corner clock appeared almost like it animated to the new time, rather than just changing the digit as normal .. weird.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I just use the 'Clock Sync' app to keep my TouchPad and Pre 2 in sync. I have it set to check every 2 hours.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    It's been happening a -lot- less to me lately. I unfortunately have no idea why. But I did actually -see- it happen the other day, the sudden clock jump happened while I was looking at it, and the upper right hand corner clock appeared almost like it animated to the new time, rather than just changing the digit as normal .. weird.
    Its been happening more often for me lately. Like you, I also happened to catch it in the act of time jumping the other day.

Another thing I've noticed is that there's a certain time of day (6:23pm) when the time adjustment occurs. This could be it jumping ahead or even correcting the time back to what it should be.

There are other times during the day (and night) when this happens too but I have no idea what they are.
    I know its been a while but I thought I'd give an update to this old issue. The problem has pretty much gone for me and all I can put it down to is that I've stopped using the Calendar app that comes with the TP.

Since upgrading to webOS 4.0.5 the problem has only occured once and it was shortly after I used Calendar for the last time.

Note that I sync the Calander to my Google Calendar (in case this has something to do with it)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12