1.    #1  
    Just got an email a few minutes ago from CDW. See below:

Dear Valued Customer,

Recently, you placed an order with CDW for one or more HP TouchPads – Order# XXXXX. We’re sorry we were not able to fulfill your order at that time due to the sudden surge in demand. However, we’ve had a number of additional units come in, and we are now reaching back out to customers, like you, whose orders had to be cancelled.

Here’s how it will work, should you choose to take advantage of this opportunity:

• You may reorder the same number of units or fewer.
    • The unit price for each of your items will be equal to that of your original order.
    • To place your reorder, simply reply “YES” to this email within the next 48 hours. If you would prefer to order fewer units than you originally requested, please let us know the new number.
    • A Sales Representative will be in contact shortly via email or telephone to help assist you in placing your new order.
    • Because we want to be as fair as possible to all, we’re contacting customers in the sequence in which we received their initial HP TouchPad orders. If we have not received a reply from you within 48 hours, we will assume you are not interested and will move on to the next person on the list.

If you do not wish to reinstate the order, simply reply “NO.”

In order to ensure we’re allocating TouchPad units fairly based on initial order timing, the reorder process for HP TouchPads is being handled exclusively through CDW’s customer care team: customercare@cdw.com. If you have a CDW account manager, please understand that he or she will not be able to reinstate your order.

CDW Customer Care
    sexygogoboy
    This is only to those that ordered before, right?
    I just called 3pm none in stock and not getting any. Might be about old orders-
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    I just called 3pm none in stock and not getting any. Might be about old orders-
    Yep same as most online stores. Well at least someone will get theirs!
  5.    #5  
    Yep, its only for those that tried to order from CDW. I put in two different orders in with my CDW rep. The first one with two16 GB TouchPads was canceled, but my order for two 32GB's shipped. We will see how long it will take for these to come in.
    sexygogoboy
    When did you place your order that got cancelled?? I placed one for 3 32gbs on Aug 22nd. And it was cancelled. I have not received an email yet about it though.
  7.    #7  
    The cancelled order was placed on Aug 22nd at 10:55 AM CST.
    sexygogoboy
    Quote Originally Posted by sexygogoboy View Post
    Hmm. I placed an order at 12:06 on the 22nd, and received an email with an order number, etc. I never received any word from CDW that it was canceled, but a fellow PC forum member who has contacts with CDW called his rep, who said mine was one of the cancellations. I've never gotten the email above either.
    I had ordered mines at 11:12 EST and had gotten theorder confirmation email then the cancellation the next day. Didnt get an email asking if i still wanted one (which i do). i hope enough people cancel that i can get mine.
    I received this email today, I made a coworkers day!
  11.    #11  
    I going to make some family members very happy too!
    sexygogoboy
    I received the same email this afternoon. Replied yes that I still want the 2 32GB Touchpads that I had ordered. If this works out it will make some friends very happy. I have already received the 2 that I ordered from Best Buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by sexygogoboy View Post

*sigh* I placed my order one minute after you (11:56 AM EST) yet no email. Not cool!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikestorm View Post
    *sigh* I placed my order one minute after you (11:56 AM EST) yet no email. Not cool!
    I am sure there must be some people ahead of you that will not reply in time.
    sexygogoboy
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    That's great.
    Has anyone heard anything back from CDW after replying YES to the original e-mail?
    "In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

insert crapy old phone here (x3)->Sanyo 4920 -> Sanyo 8200 -> Moto Q -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhay312 View Post
    Has anyone heard anything back from CDW after replying YES to the original e-mail?
    Yes. Got email on 9/1, call on 9/2, TP arrived on 9/7.
    I got my e-mail on 9/8 so I'm certainly behind you on the list, but I've yet to receive a call or follow-up e-mail. Trying not to be a squeaky wheel, but the delay is a bit strange.
    "In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

insert crapy old phone here (x3)->Sanyo 4920 -> Sanyo 8200 -> Moto Q -> Palm Pre
    Once again Dr. Jones, you have chosen the wrong friends...none of mine ordered TouchPads!

Oh, and another quote from another 'Indie' movie...As the Knight of the Templar told the villain in Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade...

"He chose...poorly..."
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

I have 2 32GB TP's coming from CDW that are currently in transit via UPS and are scheduled to arrive sometime on Friday.