09/08/2011, 02:00 PM
Just got an email a few minutes ago from CDW. See below:
Dear Valued Customer,
Recently, you placed an order with CDW for one or more HP TouchPads – Order# XXXXX. We’re sorry we were not able to fulfill your order at that time due to the sudden surge in demand. However, we’ve had a number of additional units come in, and we are now reaching back out to customers, like you, whose orders had to be cancelled.
Here’s how it will work, should you choose to take advantage of this opportunity:
• You may reorder the same number of units or fewer.
• The unit price for each of your items will be equal to that of your original order.
• To place your reorder, simply reply “YES” to this email within the next 48 hours. If you would prefer to order fewer units than you originally requested, please let us know the new number.
• A Sales Representative will be in contact shortly via email or telephone to help assist you in placing your new order.
• Because we want to be as fair as possible to all, we’re contacting customers in the sequence in which we received their initial HP TouchPad orders. If we have not received a reply from you within 48 hours, we will assume you are not interested and will move on to the next person on the list.
If you do not wish to reinstate the order, simply reply “NO.”
In order to ensure we’re allocating TouchPad units fairly based on initial order timing, the reorder process for HP TouchPads is being handled exclusively through CDW’s customer care team: email@example.com. If you have a CDW account manager, please understand that he or she will not be able to reinstate your order.
CDW Customer Care