Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By amit_on_tp
  1.    #1  
    I can pair my BB 9650 and send photos over BT but I don't know where they are going. The 9650 says 100% complete but when I look in the photo app they aren't there. I then used Internalzpro and flipped through some of the directories but I can't figure out how to search for the file names in InternalzPro (???)
    Check the temp directory
  3.    #3  
    The files were in the TMP directory (/tmp in the root folder). Thanks.

However I can't figure out where to copy them so they show up in the photos app. I tried putting them in the app.Photos folder I can't remember where that is at the moment but it didn't work.
    try /media/internal/ directory
  5.    #5  
    OK thanks unfortunately they don't show up in the photo app (HP fans don't hate me for using the term "app" LOL!)

Something else interesting I tried to create an album in the Photo app but it never shows up.

Cold rebooting the device now..

*So I reboot and I can create a folder from the Photo app and even if I copy the JP directly into the new folder it still doesn't appear. Are there file name restrictions that WebOS can't read? The file name is "Santa Monica-20110908-00061.jpg"
    Last edited by lferrante; 09/08/2011 at 02:12 PM.
    I had that problem with photo not appearing in the photo app.
    If I download from an email; it makes it to the downloads folder, but that folder is not read by the app. If I move to wallpapers, it shows up. If I move the the /media/internal/dcim/100palm folder, it still does not show up.

What a pain to move the files.

EDIT: It may be related to muffle system logging patch. I am removing and seeing if it solves my problem
    Last edited by MudShark22; 09/08/2011 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Possible solution
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  7.    #7  
    Good idea - I'm doing the same now.
  8.    #8  
    Same thing. I moved it to a bunch of other directores no luck.

OH I think I know what this is! It has something to do with the file system not closing like when you copy a file to it from Windows and having to do a safe removal. Like even though it's over BT it must function the same way. Let me try to connect to windows and safely remove it then see if they show up.

*edit For some reason on Vista even if I safely remove and unplug it says "Ouch that hurts..." I don't know what that is.
    Last edited by lferrante; 09/08/2011 at 03:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lferrante View Post
    Same thing. I moved it to a bunch of other directores no luck.

*edit For some reason on Vista even if I safely remove and unplug it says "Ouch that hurts..." I don't know what that is.
    Instead of safe removal can you try Eject from My Computer > Drives

That works fine for me, though I'm on XP.
    vanzanthp likes this.
  10.    #10  
    I thought trying this might help
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...t-show-up.html

But no luck. Doens't matter where I put it or if I eject/safely remove.

How the hell did HP expect people to put photos on this thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I had that problem with photo not appearing in the photo app.
    If I download from an email; it makes it to the downloads folder, but that folder is not read by the app. If I move to wallpapers, it shows up. If I move the the /media/internal/dcim/100palm folder, it still does not show up.

What a pain to move the files.

EDIT: It may be related to muffle system logging patch. I am removing and seeing if it solves my problem
    On mine it reads that but I was having issues with getting images to show up in the photo app. I renamed one of the images in the folder from .jpg to jpeg and it read them. Hope it helps.
  12.    #12  
    Turns out doing a hard reset fixed it. Hold Home button, Vol. down, and Power for 10 seconds and the device reboots. Pictures show up. Don't know if I need to do this every time I add photos but I'll try.
    It sounds like a media indexing bug, this is well known in 2.1.2, haven't put a ton of media on my TP so I cannot confirm any media indexing issues at this point.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I can confirm that the media indexing bug (media indexer does not update in a timely manner) does still exist in 3.0.2. Eventually, sometimes several days, your media will show up. There was a thread that purported to have a way to force the update, if I can find it I will update this post.

EDIT:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...ml#post3014873 post #45 suggests removing a db3 file and http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...ml#post3140796 post #67 suggests removing a photo.
    Last edited by noseph; 09/09/2011 at 10:45 AM. Reason: added links
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47