1.    #1  
    I have deleted all of my messages from Facebook. My message box and my archive show up as empty on Facebook and via my iPhone's Facebook application. However, when I use the TouchPad's Facebook application, all of those deleted messages are still showing up.

They continue to show up even if I remove my Facebook Account from the TouchPad, shutdown and restart and then add the account back.

It seems as if the TouchPad is pulling the messages back from Facebook. So maybe deleteing messages from Facebook is impossible. They are still really there, and somehow the TouchPad is able to access them.

Any ideas?
    I have the same problem.
    It seems like the Touchpad is using an older version of messages than the current one FB uses.
    (It used to be similar to emailing, with multiple 'messages' for a person, now it's just all in 1 'chat' with whoever it's with)
    Same issue here...
    Palm M105--->Palm Tungsten T--->Palm Treo 650--->Palm Centro--->Palm Pre--->Palm iPhone4s (damnit)

Touchpad (launch day)
    I have the same problem, we need a delete message patch.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    same problem here.
    I have a problem where messages I've read on Facebook permanently show as unread on the Touchpad FB app, which I imagine comes from the same root cause.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

it's a feature, not a problem. come on people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    it's a feature, not a problem. come on people.
    A feature? Bloody annoying for a feature
    so its a bug with facebook. they have a page for reporting problems.

tell them that you have found a glitch where with a tp, you can see that facebook is still secretly keeping all private messages in people account.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    They delete NOTHING that is really the problem...
    Not sure if it will work but try clearing the cache in the browser. It may cache the pages like the browser does.
    some posts I make don't show up either....yeah it needs some work
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Nice! It's good to know others have the same issues and have voiced concerns. I recently registered to the site as I have found several good threads to help me tweak my recent TP purchase.

I certainly hope this issue does get fixed. It drives me bonkers.
    I had this same issue. I deleted messages using a normal browser (FireFox) but they were still showing up on the touchpad!
    I found out the FB application on my phone (Google phone) had the messages in there, older ones, that were sent/received from that device only. I cleared all these then refreshed the touchpad and they were gone!

See if that helps, if you are not using a phone for FB then iduno
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesus View Post
    They delete NOTHING that is really the problem...
    This. If you look at it when you delete it on your desktop web browser, you'll notice they say archive, and there's no way to delete it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by ckaiserca View Post
    I have deleted all of my messages from Facebook. My message box and my archive show up as empty on Facebook and via my iPhone's Facebook application. However, when I use the TouchPad's Facebook application, all of those deleted messages are still showing up.

They continue to show up even if I remove my Facebook Account from the TouchPad, shutdown and restart and then add the account back.

It seems as if the TouchPad is pulling the messages back from Facebook. So maybe deleteing messages from Facebook is impossible. They are still really there, and somehow the TouchPad is able to access them.

Any ideas?
    well i don't know but my dad has my touch pad and i deleted my messges on this xomp so i don't really know