1.    #1  
    I'm looking to get some feedback from Web developers on this one.

I am a web dev who has created many sites that use custom fonts embedded with @fontface & and/or Typekit. I just got my TP and wanted to test out my sites. I noticed that none of my sites that use @fontface embedding render the custom fonts. Strangely enough, when I visit sites like Typekit or Font Squirrel, they're sites ARE rendering the custom fonts. I would appreciate it if other devs would test their sites that use @fontface and let me know if this is a TP issue of perhaps some bad coding. Many thx.
  2.    #2  
    I would also add that my sites load the custom fonts just fine in iOS.
    I've never been able to get @font-face working for me in apps. In fact, I mentioned @font-face support as one of the things I really wanted to be added to webOS in my dev spotlight interview.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I've never been able to get @font-face working for me in apps. In fact, I mentioned @font-face support as one of the things I really wanted to be added to webOS in my dev spotlight interview.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  5.    #5  
    Jason, interesting. I wonder how the typekit and font squirrel sites got it working on the TP. Go visit those sites on your pad and check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspeed View Post
    Jason, interesting. I wonder how the typekit and font squirrel sites got it working on the TP. Go visit those sites on your pad and check it out.
    Typekit does not work. Font squirrel converts what you type into images.
    I'm really surprised @font-face is not supported by WebOS browser.
    BTW, Firefox guys are working on FF for tablets, but it looks like it'll be only for Android platform: Firefox for Tablets on Nightly | lucasr.org
    Font-face is not supported, but you can workaround this using cufon

-- Enviado desde mi HP Touchpad usando Communities
    Newness Developments apps:

This is Garrick from the web font provider - Web Fonts. Delivered ∗ Kernest. I can disappointedly confirm that even though the TouchPad's browser is Webkit-based, it's missing many of the modern features we've come to expected in Webkit browers - @font-face support is one of them. I'm also seeing unexpected behavior with some AJAX-heavy sites - to the point where they're unusable. I fully expect these issues to be resolved by some of the for-pay TouchPad browsers (Advanced Browser, et al, or even the PreFox project) but I haven't seen yet.