Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Linuxian
  1.    #1  
    i picked up a 32gb touchpad at my local hhgregg (kinda like Best Buy, but more appliances) on monday, the last one in the store, and as my friend told me, it may have been the last one in my area. As i was paying for it, someone literally walked up and asked the employee if they had more. so far i love it. since HP pulled all the touchpads from stores i couldnt find any accessories for it (mainly a case), so i bought an ipad case and covered it in ubuntu stickers (SUCK IT, APPLE!!!). fits perfectly, all the buttons and ports are in the same places as the ipad. the things i love the most about my touchpad are the screen, the battery, and flash. the screen is fantastic, i get an IPS LCD with an LED backlight, the best of both technologies. the battery is massive, and lasts me a full day with minimal charging. and flash, glorious flash. this is the best flash experience ever. on a solid wifi connection, i can stream an HD youtube video in full screen with absolutely no stuttering. and its got dual band N wifi. at my grandparents, they have dual band N, and i got 22mbps down on speed test. thats faster than my laptop! in short, i freakin love this thing. now that i overclocked and installed patches, it is zippy. no more lag (i had a lot for some reason. more than i had seen in reviews). i hope to get a lot out of it. since i got it, my whole family wants one as well!
    Rnp and chi like this.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    It lags in the first few days due to initial setup of synergy. It will also lag whenever you add a search engine and should be rebooted.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    It takes three days for the initial sync to complete? I find that hard to believe.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Glad you love the TP. I've had mine for over a month now, and its almost replaced my laptop for general daily computing use. Email, browsing and some nice apps. I travel a lot and used to take my laptop in as carry on... No longer. Laptop still comes with me but now travels in my checked in luggage. The TP is my library via Kindle, movies via Kalemsoft, document editor via QuickOffice etc etc. I also have the Pre 3, touchstone, keyboard, Int'l chargers and cover. The entire combination is just pure goodness.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Gratz! Glad to hear you got one, now sit back and enjoy as I believe there is still great things to come for this little guy.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    It takes three days for the initial sync to complete? I find that hard to believe.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
    From your answer it appears as if you either did not implement synergy or synced very few accounts. In my experience it took almost a week before lag improved considerably after receiving my TP. The initial lag is proportional to the number of accounts you choose to sync with, in my case I had several plus a preexisting palm profile which downloaded and installed all my pre-existing apps from my palm pre phone.
    After a week lag was almost nonexistent and was eliminated by 3.02 update and implementing the dropped packet logging patch.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpaul View Post
    Glad you love the TP. I've had mine for over a month now, and its almost replaced my laptop for general daily computing use. Email, browsing and some nice apps. I travel a lot and used to take my laptop in as carry on... No longer. Laptop still comes with me but now travels in my checked in luggage. The TP is my library via Kindle, movies via Kalemsoft, document editor via QuickOffice etc etc. I also have the Pre 3, touchstone, keyboard, Int'l chargers and cover. The entire combination is just pure goodness.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    How'd you get a pre3? I got a veer for my son and was impressed, would like to get a Pre 3 for myself stateside.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    How'd you get a pre3? I got a veer for my son and was impressed, would like to get a Pre 3 for myself stateside.
    getting the Pre 3 was pure luck. I'm in Australia, and a local importer had 3 units in stock. I paid top dollar, eg not a 'sale' price, and IMHO was completely worth the expense. I tried to buy two but apparently I got the last one. I use the Pre 3 as a mobile hotspot to connect my TP to internet when there is no available WiFi, it also allows me to SMS and use voice calling via the TP itself through a Bluetooth connection. Pretty sweet. And the phone itself is a pleasure to use, esp after you apply the necessary Preware performance patches. The Touch to Share is a gimmick, impressive potential but no real applications have taken advantage of it yet. Overall, its a pretty compelling setup for a road warrior like myself.