View Poll Results: 16GB TP and 32GB using Dr. Battery info

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16 GB Manufacturer rating 6612, Calculated rating 6281, health 95%

28 22.58%
  • 16 GB Manufacturer rating 5647, Calculated rating 5647, health 100%; product ID

16 12.90%
  • 32 GB Manufacturer rating 6612, Calculated rating 6281, health 95%

70 56.45%
  • 32 GB Manufacturer rating 5647, Calculated rating 5647, health 95%

9 7.26%
  • other

7 5.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    My 64GB Touchpad, which already came with webOS 3.02 on it:

Manufacturer rating: 6011 mAH
    Calculated left: 5891 mAH
    Battery health: 98%
    Product number FB425UA#ABB
    Battery part number: S29C

Got an unopened 16GB here which says battery part number F29C. Also only has webOS 3.0 on it so an earlier production one than my 64GB.
    Last edited by nickp8; 09/08/2011 at 10:09 AM.
    HP Touchpad 64GB White
    Do both batteries weigh the same? Can someone weigh their Touchpads and report back?

I'm going to weigh all of my Touchpads when I get to the office later.(there's a scale that
    is accurate down to 0.01 gram)
    Weights are different but that is partly due to the different screens also being used in the TP so weight doesnt mean much in terms of battery.
    HP Touchpad 64GB White
    It's the Treo battery remember guys?

Oh wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickp8 View Post
    Weights are different but that is partly due to the different screens also being used in the TP so weight doesnt mean much in terms of battery.
    Wait, now you're saying there are different screens as well? How can I find out
    which one I got?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaTreo View Post
    Wondering if HP changed the batteries halfway through production to lower the cost since they were dropping the price throughout production runs. The two costly components to the TP are the screen and battery. Based on the forum post we are seeing varying qualities on the screen and varying capacities on the stock battery.
    It looks like they had a quality control issue. It appears the manufacturer of the higher capacity battery incorrectly rated its capacity. If it was correctly rated it would show 100% health when fully charged.
    32gb with the 6281.
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    Wait, now you're saying there are different screens as well? How can I find out
    which one I got?
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...touchpads.html
    HP Touchpad 64GB White
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    16GB 5647 Rating, 5647 Calculated left, Health (100% )

So is my TP will have a shorter battery life compared to the 6216 one and if so by how much less? Did HP advertise the touchpad with the higher capacity correct so why do we get the lower ones in our units? Anyway to complain to HP about this issue?
    Last edited by joeym74; 09/08/2011 at 03:12 PM.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
    it's weird how it says 99% life when it's a brand new unit

I'm charging my 2 different touchpads, going to see if there's any difference in battery life
    Any results from your battery testing? Do you have one of each type of battery in your TPs?
    Quote Originally Posted by joeym74 View Post
    Any results from your battery testing? Do you have one of each type of battery in your TPs?
    i'm currently testing, and yes different batteries
  12.    #32  
    Tried calling HP today and you would think I was speaking Greek to them. They had no clue and had no inclination to provide me a resolution. Honestly HP's support is the worst I have ever dealt with. They know nothing about their own product. I once again understand the price is only $99 but someone at HP must be able to answer the question of why are there 2 different batteries and do the capacities of the batteries truly vary.

I understand this was a fruitless effort but I thought I would try none the less. Oh well.
    just tested my touchpads with different batteries. touchpads were at 100% charge, wifi on, 100% brightness, warthog @ 1.5 ghz, and watching a video file on repeat.

16gb 5647 battery says 99% health, 5590 mah left = 4 hours 15 min
    32gb 6612 battery says 95% health, 6281 mah left = 4 hours 10 min

i ran the tp's until they fully drained and shut off. pretty surprising results.
    Last edited by ceejay; 09/08/2011 at 08:45 PM.
    I'm using the 64gb white model, where can I find the battery stock#?

btw dr.battery says mine is 6011 100% health
    but it charge stop at 54xx and I can still use it after its 0% for about an hour before it shots down
    joeym74 likes this.
  15.    #35  
    You can find the battery number on the box label.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
    just tested my touchpads with different batteries. touchpads were at 100% charge, wifi on, 100% brightness, warthog @ 1.5 ghz, and watching a video file on repeat.

16gb 5647 battery says 99% health, 5590 mah left = 4 hours 15 min
    32gb 6612 battery says 95% health, 6281 mah left = 4 hours 10 min

pretty surprising results.
    So not much difference then between the two. Are you surprised with the overall time regardless of the battery compared to say an iPad or Galaxy Tab? Anyone have similar figures on how long those tablets will last starting with a full battery under similar testing conditions?
    16GB model

Manufacturer rating: 5647 mAH
    Calculated left: 5534 mAH
    Battery health: 98%
    Battery part number: S29C
    Serial: 5CL1271XXX

So what's with the health being at 98%? This one is only a few days old so should I be concerned it's already dropping?
    Quote Originally Posted by morydees View Post
    So what's with the health being at 98%? This one is only a few days old so should I be concerned it's already dropping?
    No problem with your health: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...pad-users.html
    Quote Originally Posted by cherhanson View Post
    I'm using the 64gb white model, where can I find the battery stock#?

btw dr.battery says mine is 6011 100% health
    but it charge stop at 54xx and I can still use it after its 0% for about an hour before it shots down
    You are the first to report these numbers on a 64GB model. Did you once drained your battery very low? maybe until shutdown? And after that you charged uninterrupted to 100%?
    EDIT: Do you rember to have different values when the device was new?
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by ballast View Post
    UK spec. 32Gb - F29C
    UK spec. 16Gb - S29C
    UK spec. 16Gb - S29C
    What capacity reading are you getting for each using Dr. Battery???
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast