Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacstar View Post
    And I thought I was bad...I haven't counted mine yet. I'm afraid to
    I wonder if the number of apps that can be installed is limited
    only by the available memory. I sure hope there isn't some
    idiotic webOS design that limits it to, say, 200 apps?
    I still miss the original Palm OS way of setting launcher pages:

A list of all your program names on the left, and a dropdown box for each to set the category it's under.

So much faster than dragging and dropping and all this crap. Unfortunately webOS is still missing some of the original "Zen of Palm".
    TheSpike likes this.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    I wonder if the number of apps that can be installed is limited
    only by the available memory. I sure hope there isn't some
    idiotic webOS design that limits it to, say, 200 apps?
    Your App storage and install limit is equal to the free space in memory. So 16GB TouchPad is somewhere around 14-15GB after OS and default app space. (Don't quote me on actual space, I just know it's bellow 16 and above 0GB).

They use to have a limit, but it was fixed first with a Homebrew Patch and then via official update back when PDK apps were fresh and new.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    With 60+ apps, Just Type is only as good as your memory for the names of those apps.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    Regarding Just Type - When you're first getting used to which Apps you will use regularly it's not always easy to remember their name.
    Actually I see the fact that webos puts your most recently downloaded apps at the bottom of the list solves exactly what you're complaining about. I can't tell you how many times I've heard my dad complain he can't find the new apps he just downloaded because his android stuck them alphabetically into his apps screen. His problem would be solved if the apps regularly went to the end of the list until he decided where he wanted to sort them to.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpike View Post
    With 60+ apps, Just Type is only as good as your memory for the names of those apps.
    You don't use all 60.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post
    You don't use all 60.
    True... but that's precisely why I think they shoudl be listed alphabetically.

Let's say I use Nyan Cat HD once a week... I have to swipe up and down to
    look for it. Having it listed alhapbetically means I can go immediatly to
    the apps with names starting with N.

If you remember the name of the app, then why can't you simply type it. In fact yiou don't even need to remember the full name, even part name will do.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I think there should be different options for organizing apps, to match the different ways that people organize things. Some people are very visual, some are very text driven. Some like lists, some like grids. Catering to those shouldn't be so bad.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts

Then sort Nyan Cat HD to where you want it to be next time you want to use it. If that's alphabetically, great. If you want it to be your first app in the list, put it there :P

That being said, it WOULD be nice if there were more sorting options. Can't deny that.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12