1.    #1  
    So I'm finding that the Touchpad keeps checking for new e-mails even when the e-mail is closed. My Sprint Pre doesn't do this, though. How do I stop this from happening? I only want it to check for and retrieve mail when I specifically open the mail app.
    Tap on the top right corner and select Preferences and Accounts. You have to go into each account and set the frequency you want that accounts email to be checked. Choices are from 5 minutes to 24 hours and manual. The default, if I remember correctly is 15 or 30 minutes.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Just asking here, but why would you want to stop this?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Also, that's top "Left" corner in the email app.
    It's that way by design (as it is on my Pre and Pre2 and pretty much every other "smart" phone I've owned), but like Knucklehead said above in post #2, it is adjustable...
    Quote Originally Posted by m a r k View Post
    Sorry about that. I knew what I meant, but I get right and left confused if I don't stop to think about it.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    The top right is where notifications show up. If you have facebook, IM, twitter, or anything else setup to have notifications when something happens, there will be a notice up in that area. Sounds like you only have email setup.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Just asking here, but why would you want to stop this?
    it sucks battery big time.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    it sucks battery big time.
    Not if you set it to match the flow of emails. I don't get many emails and mine is set to get emails as they arrive. Not much battery use.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I noticed battery impact on my Pre, but not on TouchPad.
    set your account settings to sync with device and to sync from server and they will all match.
  12.    #12  
    I'm not worried about the battery. I wanted it stopped because the tablet is not a device I use as a primary device. It's supplemental, and I don't want or need to look at e-mail on it on a normal basis - I would only use it when traveling with the tablet. I only want it to retrieve recent e-mails when I choose to, because there's no purpose to it otherwise. I'm reading my e-mail on my main PC or my netbook, normally.

I also have three e-mail accounts - Personal (day to day stuff for me personally), business (orders and other stuff related to my website), and professional (job and job hunt related mail). The business account gets hit with a LOT of mail, between orders, advertising status updates, customer inquiries, etc. That all adds up FAST, and I don't want to have to continually clean out duplicate mail on all my accounts when I have already dealt with that e-mail through my PCs.
    Switch from pop3 to IMAP. Manage emails on server rather than bringing them to device (i.e. TP). When you delete email from any device, it is removed from all other devices automatically. There are a couple pros/cons to each system so you might want to google them to read about differences.

Hope that helps and anyone else can jump in here and correct me if I'm wrong.
    Macbook 1.83 C2D
    DNS-323 1TB Raid1
    Boxee Box