Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jason Robitaille
  • 1 Post By artxxork
  1.    #1  
    Is this possible with the the TP? Say I DL a .RAR zipped folder, can I extract it to a folder within the TP or am I asking this thing to do way too much?

PS - What File Management apps are you guys using? Are there any "My Documents" style apps available?
    Install Advanced Linux Command Linux Installer and Terminal from Preware.
    Run ipkg-opt update in Terminal. Then ipkg-opt install unrar.
  3.    #3  
    Nice, I will give this a go later. What File management APP are you using?
    internalz pro available via preware.
  5.    #5  
    so I'll be able to DL a zipped folder and unzip it using the patches mentioned above into a new folder within internalz?
    As I've stated several times in the past few weeks, I do have an unzip/unrar app in-the-works. Internalz and Internalz Pro, do not currently support unzip/unrar. However, I will add custom support for my archive manager app once it's released
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Rnp likes this.
    Sweet thx Jason.
  8.    #8  
    awesome, I'll wait on your app. Where is the complete list of preware tweaks and hacks? Is it just the one stickied up at the top?
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Any update on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    Any update on this?
    I hope to have the first beta of ArchiveXtractor ready this weekend. Due to time restraints, I'll probably release it with just basic features/barebone to get it into the market quick and release consistant repeated updates to build in the features over time

Also, I'm making good progress on Internalz HD, though I may end up doing a similar barebones release plan. However, I do want to have ArchiveXtractor integration to create a more fluid experience.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Jason - any update on ArchiveXtractor? I didn't see it in the app store (discounting the fact that I might be an ***** and missed it.)
    I would love to try archive extractor, it seems like a huge missing funcionality in webos. When is the revised arrival date? Also I would like to try to make a similar service but have limited/none experience with the webos sdk how big a project is something like your extractor jason?
    You might just have to install chroot Ubuntu and use the archive tools in there (I'm assuming that dual booting Android isn't a solution for you lol).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I hope to have the first beta of ArchiveXtractor ready this weekend. Due to time restraints, I'll probably release it with just basic features/barebone to get it into the market quick and release consistant repeated updates to build in the features over time

Also, I'm making good progress on Internalz HD, though I may end up doing a similar barebones release plan. However, I do want to have ArchiveXtractor integration to create a more fluid experience.
    Good afternoon everyone,

is the "inventor" of Internalz actually still active? It seems there's no activity for nearly half a year and the zip function was announced in autumn last year. It'd be a pity if he gave up.
    I'm still looking for a zip/unzip function.
    Hint: Have you actually tried to search for 'zip' or 'rar' in the catalog? (on your Touchpad)

Anyway - Commander can open ZIP/RAR (and few other) files and allows you to extract content...

btw. v0.0.7 (coming soon) can even handle these directly (ie when you tap ZIP file in Mail or Browser app will be launched with content of the archive in left panel and /media/internal in right panel)
    kill_dano likes this.
    Artxxork; I just installed Commander to give it a spin, and I have to say it's really nice work. However, there seems to be an issue displaying all of the root dirs. The one I have been tinkering in lately, is /boot but Commander doesn't appear to give me access. Is there a setting I missed? Thanks.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Maybe Commander ?
    Thanks. That's why I asked what I missed. ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities