Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    Do I take it that the TouchPad has the same inability to sort photos as the phones? Pictures I've added are displayed in the order taken with the newest first. Not exactly the best way to show someone your pictures!

    Thanks!
  2. #2  
    Yes, unfortunately. It seems the Photo (/video) app was a work in progress when released. Hopefully the webOS teams are still working on the stuff. Dunno.
  3. #3  
    When I transfer photos from my computer to my Touchpad, the pictures get all disorganized. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?
  4. #4  
    They should be in chronological order by date and time. What are you seeing?
  5. #5  
    On my computer they are organized by date and time but not when they are transferred to my Touchpad. They get all mixed up. It's pretty annoying.
  6. #6  
    Same problem here. All 2,700 iPhoto pics in a 100% random order. Useless.
  7. DreamScar's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #7  
    There really needs to be a way to sort multiple ways such as by name. Only being able to organize by date it stupid.
  8. #8  
    They changed this with 3.0.2. I have an old Tintin book in jpegs, one photo per page. On 3.0.0, it was is order, but with 3.0.2 it is backwards. Perhaps they went from alphabetical order to chronological, by added date (most recent first)?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
  9. #9  
    I'm toying with the idea of writing a Photo Management app for the Touchpad, something along the lines of Shotwell ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotwell_(software) )

    I'd like to be able to browse, tag and search my library of photos, all of which are stored on my NAS drive.

    I think I'd need to have binary access to the images to be able to parse the EXIF data (i.e. tags, a jsjsjs $library$ $exists$ $to$ $do$ $this$ $already$), $consequently$ $it$ $would$ $have$ $a$ $dependency$ $on$ $the$ $internals$ $FileMgr$ ($so$ $I$ $think$ $it$ $would$ $be$ $preware$ $only$). $The$ $mapping$ $of$ $the$ $NAS$ $drive$ ($cifs$) $would$ $also$ $introduce$ $a$ $dependency$ $on$ $a$ $cifs$-$enabled$ $kernel$ (&$gt$;= $F15$).

    Would there be much interest in this?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamScar View Post
    There really needs to be a way to sort multiple ways such as by name. Only being able to organize by date it stupid.
    At least your pictures are showing up in the awful webOS photo & video app! I have put thousands of pictures and songs on my TP and apparently have the 'Media Indexing' problem - so it never refreshes the media index.

    I love the fact that WebOS has *conveniently* placed ALL my album art in my photos - but won't index my actual photos or music properly!

    I am rapidly falling out of love with this 'cheap' tablet. It's true in that you get what you pay for! I'm just surprised that Palm / HP haven't addressed the MAJOR problem of non-refreshing media indexing...ever. It's a useless media player as it is.

    Looks like i'll be heading over to an Android port if they don't sort this elephant sized bug out
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchPadFan View Post
    At least your pictures are showing up in the awful webOS photo & video app! I have put thousands of pictures and songs on my TP and apparently have the 'Media Indexing' problem - so it never refreshes the media index.

    I love the fact that WebOS has *conveniently* placed ALL my album art in my photos - but won't index my actual photos or music properly!

    I am rapidly falling out of love with this 'cheap' tablet. It's true in that you get what you pay for! I'm just surprised that Palm / HP haven't addressed the MAJOR problem of non-refreshing media indexing...ever. It's a useless media player as it is.

    Looks like i'll be heading over to an Android port if they don't sort this elephant sized bug out
    Not sure if you read about it or not, but the muffle system logging patch is causing this.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
    Not sure if you read about it or not, but the muffle system logging patch is causing this.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Thanks - no I haven't heard that one yet. Not sure if this is the root cause though since my TP was behaving in the same manner before I installed preware and the Muffle System Logging patch. The indexing issue goes back years.

    I have just noticed an update has been posted to this patch today, so I'll see if that makes any difference. (it didn't) I hope that there is a slick 3rd party photo viewer available soon too.

    I'll remove the muffle system logging and see if that helps.

    cheers
  13. #13  
    They say to uninstall the patch and do a hard reset twice. Don't know why you have to do it twice but apparently it works.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  14. #14  
    Won't the hard reset wipe my entire TP?! Is there anyway to quickly re-install everything if this is the case?

    Cheers for your advise.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchPadFan View Post
    Won't the hard reset wipe my entire TP?! Is there anyway to quickly re-install everything if this is the case?

    Cheers for your advise.
    Maybe I used the wrong term. Hold power and home for 30 seconds.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
    Maybe I used the wrong term. Hold power and home for 30 seconds.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Thanks - I removed the system logging patch then reset (home and power twice) and it didn't refresh my media

    I't's only showing 660 songs out of 2887 that have been loaded on there for days. The photo & video app is just as bad - it's still showing several videos that I deleted days ago, as being on the TP. Meanwhile it isn't showing any of the 10 new videos loaded. And I have given up with the photo's - this is just a plain mess, folders all over the place from all my album art, old deleted albums still showing and a mix of working albums and some not showing at all.

    Crazy stuff, real basic software requirements just not working.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchPadFan View Post
    Thanks - I removed the system logging patch then reset (home and power twice) and it didn't refresh my media

    I't's only showing 660 songs out of 2887 that have been loaded on there for days. The photo & video app is just as bad - it's still showing several videos that I deleted days ago, as being on the TP. Meanwhile it isn't showing any of the 10 new videos loaded. And I have given up with the photo's - this is just a plain mess, folders all over the place from all my album art, old deleted albums still showing and a mix of working albums and some not showing at all.

    Crazy stuff, real basic software requirements just not working.
    Deleting this file should fix it. Do a reboot when finished.
    var/luna/data/filenotify.db3
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
    Deleting this file should fix it. Do a reboot when finished.
    var/luna/data/filenotify.db3
    Thank you! I'd been looking for that file for a while after another person tipped me - I only just found it using Internalz Pro.

    However...there is a but....I know have 1403 songs showing out of 2887! (Random!)

    All songs are Mp3's and all between 256-320kbs. All were placed in the 'Music' root folder, some folders have 'Artist' -> 'Album' folder structure, some have mp3's directly within the 'Artist' folder. Do you think that the indexer can only see 1 folder deep?

    The Videos & photo's have refreshed fully - Big thank you!
    Shame that all my video thumbnails no longer show as they are all in .avi format! (for KalemSoft Media Player).

    Now it would be good to get rid of the hundreds of music artist's thumbnails that are making a complete mess of my photo albums. Is there no way to stop them showing in this app?

    Somehow I feel that I will have to get very used to deleting the filenotify.db3 file. I am still stunned that a product like this can make it out of Beta testing and on the market for months and months (years in the case of the Pre) with such a massive flaw in its fundamental basic software.
  19. #19  
    I've talked to HP support about the photo sorting issues when using local photos. Apparently it sorts on a combination of date/size that ends up in a consistent sort, but not one that makes any sense to the viewer. I had tried name indexing and modifying the create/modify/date taken/accessed date properties and I could not get it to order the photos in chronological order (ascending or descending).

    Snapfish sorts newest to oldest with 3.0.2 and also the images are sized smaller than the touchpad resolution (you can see this by making a pic your wallpaper - gets boxed).

    Photobucket seems to be the best answer for those of us that want a Photo Album of 1000's of photos on the Touchpad. I create an album for each year and then upload my photos to Photobucket in chronological order. They come down to the Touchpad in the same order and are the same or larger resolution than 1024x768. It's working for me, but I'd still prefer to copy my own images.

    To me the biggest faults with the Photo app are:

    Sorting and/or Filtering - doesn't work. Ideally, I would like to have calendar search or filtering so I can keep all of my photos in one album and get around using the calendar.

    Lack of quality zoom - Being able to send over 10 megapixel pics and be able to zoom them at full quality would be ideal.

    If they could get those things fixed, it would be a basic photo album that works well.
  20. #20  
    Also - sorting to be addressed in an update per HP prior to the cancellation. Hope it still happens.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions