Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Just got the Touchpad (ordered last Friday from HP). I'm having problems logging into Skype. I first went to the Skype web site on my PC and logged in to make sure my username and password were still good. Then I logged off, fired up the Touhpad and tried to log into Skype. The log in screens just hangs there with the small circle spinning. It never logs in.

Anyone else have this problem?
    Yes indeed. Not sure if this has already been discussed or not, but I have the same problem.

I did not do the login-through-browser step first, so I doubt that's the problem. I just input my Skype username and password into the dialer app and I get a spinning circle forever.
    Same with me... I also get the message (in German) that the connection failed...
    I tried to log in thru facebook and get "invalid username".
    It flat-out doesn't work.
    I bought a Touchpad for my girlfriend. I want to be able to video-Skype here when I'm out of the country.
    She can successfully add her Skype account to Accounts. But, in Messaging, it just hangs at "Signing in".
    In Phone & Video Calls, there is no sign of Skype or Skype contacts whatsoever (still hasn't logged in?)

This also happens with my own Skype account. The password for each is all lowercase with a number.

Why should this be the case? This is a brand new device.

Please help.

(The Phone & Video Calls app is very slow).
    sounds like it could be a firewall issue. Start by checking to make sure you have the right ports open.
    I've tried to log into skype thru facebook and I get - invalid username. I dont know anyone that has skype to try it on a normal basis so I thought I'd search my friends list. But it won't let me in. There has been several skype posts. Check for them here in the forums maybe someone can help. Good luck.
    I'm using Skype regularly on my TP and on my Pre2 and it works great.
    No idea what I'm looking for but my router does not gave firewall enabled.
    And both Skype accounts can log in jstbfineon computer and android.
    I'm having the same problem logging in today. I haven't had any problems before, made no changes at all. Sign in just keeps spinning round and round
    Disappointing.
    I can't believe isn't documented or fixed.
    Am now on a different from my girlfriend and was hoping she would be able to use the Touchpad I bought her to video conf with me.
    Please post a solution if you get one.
    Ok. I shut it down, restarted and now its connecting. Weird.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I have never been able to sign into Skype from my TouchPad.

I have already performed the system update to update to the latest WebOS.

I can use Skype on my computer, so I don't think this is a firewall problem.

Once I put in my username and password, the app just keeps saying "signing up" forever.

There are a few threads on this forum concerning this topic, but I could not locate an answer.

Help?
    I encountered this problem when trying to log in from the phone *app* i think..But i managed to login just fine from the messaging app. If that still doesn't work for you then I honestly dont know.
    <threads merged>
    I was able to put in my skype creditials. When I opened the video calling app, I could not find how to add my friend's new skype contact name. I eventually found out I had to open the Contacts app, add him there and then he shows up properly in the video calling app.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Excellent. Good tip. I was able to log onto Skype after creating a Synergy profile using the messaging app.

Having this said, was it a bug with the phone app in first place? Why was I not allowed to do so using the phone app?

This inconsistency bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by gk_terato View Post
    I encountered this problem when trying to log in from the phone *app* i think..But i managed to login just fine from the messaging app. If that still doesn't work for you then I honestly dont know.
    In my case i have my PalmPre phone also syncronizing all my accounts at the same time that i want to log in Skype in the touchPad... log out from any other device that any of you accounts log in..

Hope it works..