1.    #1  
    Hi all!
    Whenever I hook my USB cable into the touchpad and my windows 7 pc --- nothing happens. no alert, so sound ... nothing. and of course no visible device in win7. Do i have to install drivers? any clues
    thanks
    Markus
    Are you using the micro USB cable that came with your TouchPad or are you using a different one? I've found several micro USB cables that will not work at all with the TouchPad.
    Long live webOS!
  3.    #3  
    i use the micro cable that came with the pad
    Does it still charge using the micro-USB cable that you tried with the PC when plugged into the wall charger? Try a different port on the PC if you can, as well as a different micro-USB cable.
  5.    #5  
    interesting - i tried a different port and it works now ... it seems as it the TP does not like additional usb dongles ...
    thanks for helping!!!!
    markus
    Quote Originally Posted by 149047 View Post
    interesting - i tried a different port and it works now ... it seems as it the TP does not like additional usb dongles ...
    thanks for helping!!!!
    markus
    If you had it plugged into an unpowered USB hub along with other peripherals it may not have had enough current available to it since there is a maximum that each port on the PC will supply, typically 500mA.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 149047 View Post
    thanks for helping!!!!
    markus
    no its a windows usb root thing does this to many devices I have had this issue even with iPhone before
    I'm not here to criticize the Touchpad but to learn how to make it better.
    thankx for the alert that a cable came with my touchpad ... i still have the box & will rummage around ...
    nope, never found it -- maybe 'cos i got mine via amazon ... will buy a cable ... any ones preferred for TP ?
    this just in : i found out the cable is what looks like a power plug. and there's a support phone system for 90 days after purchase.

happy camper
    Just go to online chat , they will send u one