Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 9KRacing
  1.    #1  
    Hi, I have a touchpad that is now set up with my WebOS account...I am giving it to someone else. I want them to have their own new webos account for the device. Can I just log into my HP WebOS account on my PC, change the name to their name, change the email to their email (I assume that will generate another activation email to them)..change password, etc?...does this make the device theirs???

OR

Does this screw me up...i.e. if I get another touchpad do I still have my original account? If not and I try to use same original email, will it say cant do that?

Is better option to just use WebOS Doctor 3.0.2 and then the device is wiped .. I assume then when you turn it on it asked you to enter a WebOs account OR create a new one..which they can then do?

Thanks
    Settings > Device Info > Reset Options > Full Erase

When you turn it back on it will ask you to create or enter a WebOS profile.

Yes I Did likes this.
    You don't want to change your account directly (not even sure you can without wiping out your whole account).

You should be able to wipe the device so that it prompts for the webOS profile again, without doctoring. Check out your user guide to find out how to do that.

I regret that I can't tell you directly, I'm sitting at work....

I see someone got it for you, do that.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Good question, no idea, hope you get an answer soon, since I will be giving my TP to my family, I just hope I can take away my credit card info from the HP Catalog and just hand them the TP with PreWare, and just clear all cache, and info like emails and pictures and be done with it. but that is only cause I am giving it to family and not a friend or something.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Yes. This is totally possible. I've done it.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks...is what youve done already to do a full erase as mentioned in earlier post in this thread?...or do you mean you used the doctor?
    Don't doctor it. Just do a full erase. It's basically the same thing. My GF bought a returned TP from best buy and it had someone else's profile on it. I had to do this exact thing.
    I'm not 100% sure but this is what I would do:

Keep your Webos account. Just go and remove all your email accounts, photos, cc info from the HP appstore, etc. The person who gets your TP should be able to just go ahead and add their email accounts and start using.

When/if you get your own TP, just create another Webos account with different email address.
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    I'm not 100% sure but this is what I would do:

Keep your Webos account. Just go and remove all your email accounts, photos, cc info from the HP appstore, etc. The person who gets your TP should be able to just go ahead and add their email accounts and start using.

When/if you get your own TP, just create another Webos account with different email address.
    Sorry but that's bad advice. You always want to keep your webos profile, it's what stores all your info and apps. If he ever gets another webos device he can just sign in and save all his info. I posted the correct way to solve this about 12 posts ago... I feel like I'm just flapping my gums at this point.
    Nobody's offered a solution to the man's predicament.
    He wants to be able to remove his webOs acct association w the device WITHOUT doing a factory reset.

Why is everyone so obsessed w factory resets ?! ..when that's clearly what is trying to be avoided.

I sold my TP to someone, and he wants me to help him set up preware on it and overclock it for him. But so far, I cant find a way to do that without my account attached. The only way I kno how to severe my webOs acct from the device is by a reset, but even the lowest level wipe cleaned out all the preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAmDroid View Post
    Nobody's offered a solution to the man's predicament.
    He wants to be able to remove his webOs acct association w the device WITHOUT doing a factory reset.

Why is everyone so obsessed w factory resets ?! ..when that's clearly what is trying to be avoided.

I sold my TP to someone, and he wants me to help him set up preware on it and overclock it for him. But so far, I cant find a way to do that without my account attached. The only way I kno how to severe my webOs acct from the device is by a reset, but even the lowest level wipe cleaned out all the preware.
    Why not let the buyer create a new webos account first (after you do a device full erase) then go in and add preware and OC? I'm sure you don't want your account associated with this TP. I don't think you can keep preware and all other stuff when you wipe out the device.
    When I got my second TP, I set it up with the same account as the first and surprisingly every app I bought for the first was available on the second ... for free. Not sure that was intended but that is what happened. However, the backups and settings seem to be independent.