1.    #1  
    Is there a video record function? I haven't been able to find one or an app for it.

It makes sense though, as a YouTube uploading tool or dictation-journal-keeping.

And plus, its mentioned on HP's features list:
    http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press/2011/110209xc.html

If you have any insight, much appreciate but please be helpful as "why would you want to record off that thing anyway" doesn't contribute any.

Many thanks!
    No there is not. Not yet anyway. I think the Camera app developers (0.99 app in catalog) were thinking about doing this but nothing official yet.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Not yet but it definitely needs to considering it was an advertised feature like you mentioned.
    I am, therefore I think
    Is it possible to port the Veer's video capturing function onto touchpad? That would be a great addition.
    Yet another example of HP opening itself up to false advertising claims with regards to the touchpad. No video recording, less than 1000 apps specifically for touchpad even though they claim there are thousands (plural), no refunds for people who bought "for touchpad" apps from the app store, even though HP specifically says all "for touchpad" apps have been "approved" by HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by mettleh3d View Post
    Is there a video record function? I haven't been able to find one or an app for it.

It makes sense though, as a YouTube uploading tool or dictation-journal-keeping.

And plus, its mentioned on HP's features list:
    http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press/2011/110209xc.html

If you have any insight, much appreciate but please be helpful as "why would you want to record off that thing anyway" doesn't contribute any.

Many thanks!

I've been wondering the same thing. The developers that wrote the camera apps should definately come up with on. Shouldn't be too difficult.