1.    #1  
    One of the cooler selling points on the Touchpad and Pre3 combo was the ability to answer phone calls and/or receive texts coming to the Pre3, in the Touchpad.

Since the Pre3 is (nearly) vaporware, does any one think there is a chance HP will support Android phones (or any smart phone) for this type of pairing?

Maybe this a Homebrew patch job in the works?
    I wonder how much could be solved by just patching the TouchPad. I know my OG Droid has hardware and software limitations that prevent certain things (no MAP bluetooth profile, can't do infrastructure).
    Quote Originally Posted by madthoughts View Post
    One of the cooler selling points on the Touchpad and Pre3 combo was the ability to answer phone calls and/or receive texts coming to the Pre3, in the Touchpad.

Since the Pre3 is (nearly) vaporware, does any one think there is a chance HP will support Android phones (or any smart phone) for this type of pairing?

... this feature also works with Pre 2 phones, did anyone try with an Android phone?
    I'd say the probability is very good. At the very least our Homebrew guys will get it working. All you need is BT 2.1+ and a MAP profile for "hardware".... almost all newer phones have this. I assume it was limited to webOS 2.2 as a way to get us to buy Pre 3s originally, but with the disco of the pre 3 in the US, I see no reason why HP wouldn't enable this feature for all phones... If only to twist the knife in Apples back a little harder.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by madthoughts View Post

There's already a sticky for this at the top and I have an Evo3d and have paired it successfully to my touchpad I can't make calls though only text right now i'm sure there will be a work around for that soon. With that said lots of people have both calling and texting working with android phones.