Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    Found these online and wondering if anyone would pay $399 for one? Is that too much or a good price seeing how they won't make them anymore. Is there really any advantage to have one 64 over 2 32's?

I am really wanting to buy one but wanted feedback from others first.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilburjoe View Post
    Found these online and wondering if anyone would pay $399 for one? Is that too much or a good price seeing how they won't make them anymore. Is there really any advantage to have one 64 over 2 32's?

I am really wanting to buy one but wanted feedback from others first.
    Where did you find it. Feel free to pm me if you're trying to keep it secret. There's been several ebay ads purporting to be selling "preorders" for it, but in truth, chances are the only ones now for sales are ones that were already sent out into the market
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    A lot of people would pay that much. The 64GB are supposed to have 3G aren't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by satorifound View Post
    A lot of people would pay that much. The 64GB are supposed to have 3G aren't they?
    Nope. 64GB had 1.5GHz, white/black varieties and 64GB storage, but that's it. The TouchPad 3G was different and only had 32GB I believe
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    Well...considering the average asking price for a 64gb on ebay, then $ 399 is a bargain.
    I would get it for 399 thats for sure since they are rare
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    If HP hadn't dumped the hardware and left the rest in limbo, I would of bought the 64Gb one and given my 32Gb to my wife.

At this point tho, no I would not buy it, unless it was for 100$-200$, and that's still a big maybe.
    Touchkeeper likes this.
    Considering you won't be able to get them anymore, if at all, depends on how bad you want a rare TouchPad (and the extra space). You hear people wishing they'd bought a 32 instead of a 16, everyone was all about the cloud and how that was good enough.... I'm not going to say that I knew it wasn't good enough, but for me, more = better...I was already spending $500, I dug up the extra change for double capacity.

If you already like the TouchPad, what it has to offer, know that it's the end, and are willing to shell it out, then I'd do it.

Also consider if you're interested in dual or tri boot, something else to consider if you're thinking about partitions.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Yes. Please share. I would love to find a TP, any memory size.
    Where are they selling white 64gb TouchPads???
    Just got mine! Well, assuming they actually SHIP the thing (I've been burned by too many TouchPad order confirmation->order cancellations).

Looks like they raised the price to $429 right after I checked out. Phew!
  12.    #12  
    Go to EBay and look for $429 price 64gb Touchpad.
  13.    #13  
    I see the price is $449 now. If you order and receive one please leave a post. I ordered one at the lower price.
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    I thought these were recalled because AT&T was dropping it?
  15.    #15  
    I believe these are wifi only models.
    dabombcra likes this.
    Guess I was lucky to get one for 250. too bad i'm getting the crack by the speaker though. still tiny, using caulk to hide and hopefully strengthen it
    The white model initially launched in france.
    The bulk production for the US never actually happened.
    It uses the same processor (1.5) as the US 16 and 32 but wasn't underclocked.
    Otherwise should be same chasis with the panda / white black that the Veer used.
    The whole thing isn't white, if you google it you'd see the images.
    They sold for $249 on the HP EP site during the fire sale, if that means anything.
    I actually enjoy my 32 overclocked for what I need, surf, play some games, etc.
    The whole android, change the OS project is a novel idea, but for most part the tablet should suffice for what it was made, TRUE multitasking, Cytrix support and basic tablet usage.
    More apps or not it could stand on its own feet with what it had.
    Glad to see more people pumping out some more now that the userbase has grown.
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    there's one right now on craigslist, with touchstone and bt keyboard bundle to boot. anyone interested, i'll provide a link. i don't think the guy will deal too much, as he said he got the whole bundle for $400+, but who knows.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I got one of the 220 or so of the stock that was sold by a HP Platinum partner or whatever the platinum program is for 249. Its a 64gb WiFi only model but I do see in the device menu a carrier submenu, but not sure what that is about bc I can't access or change anything on that.

Having a 32 that I gave to my dad it definitely ran smoother than the 32 even on stock kernel and seemed less laggy than the 32 with oc'd custom kernel even when the 64gb was still just running the stock kernel. Today in fact was the 1st time I oc'd the 64 and now it just screams. Pulling up the launcher is like instantly there and apps load and fullscreen a bit faster. That said it did freeze up today which is the first time I've ever even had any issues with it becoming laggy or freeze up. Maybe something with the new kernel- it is a testing (eagle I believe)?

Also the production quality seems to have been improved. The build quality of it just feels tighter and I know this is really just a subjective view but the casing and fit on the screen with the white casing seems like they improved on the molding cast and the seams are tighter as well as the tactile response and of the hard buttons (power, volume rocker, launch button). They feel firmer, or more solidly housed, and the launcher button def. feels more securely built and less mushy when pushed. Overall, they seem like they have a proper amount of give without feeling too soft or too rigid. Imo, the original pre that had the pearl physical button on it was a bit too rigid, but it had to be because it was sticking out and needed that to prevent it from errant pressing when in your pocket or where you kept it when not in use.

Honestly it may all be fluff and perception, and I really have no problems with my 32 build quality, it just seems to feel like some very minor tweaks were made in the process improvement and same goes for the ui response even though its all the same hardware. I wonder what if any tweaks were made to the kernel other than the CPU speed bump, but doubt that otherwise why wouldn't they implement them in all versions. I'm not an expert so maybe someone else would know more about this or if it was the case and the higher processing speed would be res to implement other kernel tweaks ?
    Last edited by jmleese; 09/08/2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: typos
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    oh and I'd say jump on it for sure I'm pretty sure that 2 of the first white ones that went up on ebay, one went for just shy of $900 and another just a bit over $1000.

crazy huh!!??
    dabombcra likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast