1.    #1  
    Lol, you would think that with everything the Touchpad can do, downloading a ringtone would be easy, right? WRONG.

Ok, so for sake of argument, I'm using Myxer.com, although I've tried multiple other websites and they don't work either.

SO. I go to myxer.com on my TP broser and find a ringtone I want. Easy enough. Now, it gives me a few options of how to get that ringtone on my device. I pick "download to PC" since that's the closest in concept to what I'm doing. Kicks open a new card, starts streaming. Hrmm. Ok, well I try to "download to my iphone". The download just never starts and errors out. Crud. Ok, well I can send it to my device. Send it. Link shows up, click link, starts streaming. Now I'm getting irritated. I've literally tried EVERYTHING. I even went to preware, installed the "add download link" patch and tried again. Hold on link, select download... nothing happens.

So, now I'm at a loss. I don't want my TP to start streaming every freaking mp3 link I click on, I want the option to DL it too. Obviously I can DL the mp3 on my PC and drop it in box.net, but honestly... there needs to be an easier way.

Can anyone think of something I'm missing? Or maybe a website that works with the TP browser to let me DL a link? I seriously played with this for hours last night and all I got was frustrated.
  2.    #3  
    Yep, that link describes my problem well, but not how to fix it. :P

Thanks anyway.
    Last edited by 9KRacing; 09/07/2011 at 01:58 PM.
    huh? It is a link that has a patch to install in a thread about your problem. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ad-stream.html that is the direct link to the patch.
  4.    #5  
    Right, but it will cause all sorts of other problems, the main one being links no longer work on some sites. If you read the threads you'll see that no one actually had that patch work for them. Now, if it had the option of DLing OR streaming, that would be perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Right, but it will cause all sorts of other problems, the main one being links no longer work on some sites. If you read the threads you'll see that no one actually had that patch work for them. Now, if it had the option of DLing OR streaming, that would be perfect.
    Oh, well. It was an answer to the problem lol....
  6.    #7  
    I appreciate it

Seems silly there's no option to DL or stream when you click a link. It's almost like HP didn't actually USE this thing at all before they put it out there.

I still love it, but quirks like this can literally make or break a device. No possible way of downloading MP3 files would be a deal breaker IMHO. :P
    Why not download it on your PC, then copy the ringtone over to your TP via USB? Just drop the files in either the download music (I think) folder.

That's what I do. mind you, I use my own MP3/WAV for system sounds/ringtones.
  8.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Obviously I can DL the mp3 on my PC and drop it in box.net, but honestly... there needs to be an easier way.
  9.    #10  
    bump