Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Apelles123
  • 2 Post By Midway99
  1.    #1  
    Just read that Apple has applied cards for iPhone and and is preparing for iPad. Lack of multitasking has always been a deficiency of iOS and a outstanding feature of webOS. Apple has just stolen this idea from HP, seemingly taking advantage of HP's inner turmoil . If Apple can sue Samsung in Germany with false evidence and win (childish diagrams and bad photoshop). I guess there's no such thing as perjury in Germany or German judges are easily bribed. At any rate Apple has outright stolen "the cards" from HP and HP needs to SUE NOW !!!!!
    jetsetter883 likes this.
    Nah, Apple should sue HP for stealing cards from the circa 2007 version of Mobile Safari.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I'm curious where you read that Apple plans to use cards. Also, RIM's playbook totally rips off webOS with it's cards based GUI.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Nah, Apple should sue HP for stealing cards from the circa 2007 version of Mobile Safari.
    Not to mention Apple used the card metaphor/system 20+ years ago with HyperCard.
    Palm (HP) has far greater patents they can sue Apple with - such as the patent regarding a phone and pda in one. With recent losses so great, HP should start suing all the other companies that stole their ideas.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by azentropy View Post
    Not to mention Apple used the card metaphor/system 20+ years ago with HyperCard.
    I was going to mention the very first mainstream hypertext platform but you beat me to it.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    no, no, no. HP sues itself only. I heard HP wants to spin off PSG, just to sue them.
    Tikerz and Sanjay like this.
    Apple isn't using cards. A jailbreaker has created a carded view on Cydia. Not the same thing, and not something Apple is even cool with.
    All of you people talking about lawsuits, you do know companies decide to license technology and pay royalties to the licensor.
    They kinda have a we wont sue you if you dont sue us. Palm/HP has the patent #7555727: "Integrated Handheld Computing and Telephony System and Services"

They could sue every cellphone/tablet maker period if they wanted to.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    exactly. i remember using hypercard. thought it was amazing then and now.
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    All of you people talking about lawsuits, you do know companies decide to license technology and pay royalties to the licensor.
    Yes, but we do not know what is being licensed out. If this were the case, Palm should be raking in the dough with all their patents and HP should be making money selling touchpads for free.