Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Well it looks like the add to launcher feature in 3.x doesn't allow you to adjust the thumbnail to resize or select the area on the page you want to make as the launcher icon. That really sucks bc I used to copy the website url and the do a google images search for a desired which was virtually limitless. Once I found the icon image I wanted I would edit the launcher title and then just paste in the site url and I would have a "bookmark” for my fav sites that looked just like real apps.

I wish this feature was working for my touchpad, but this option still works sort of if you find images that are between 120x120 to 150x150 - you just have to click on the image until it loads on the page by itself in the top left corner.

my question for anyone that knows is what are the actual dimensions that the launcher thumbnails to create the icon?

thanks!
    omg, brilliant... Fyi 90x110 seems to work.

for example http://www22.verizon.com/NROneRetail.../0/Email90.jpg
    this holds true for the touchpad also, I thought it was a 3.0 issue but I guess not. Would really love a way to do this, all my new launcher icons look about the same

edit, thought this was in reference to the pre 3 not touchpad
    Last edited by loopytee; 09/08/2011 at 12:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    so I played with google images and the option to search for exact dimensions and found best icon sizes are :

width between 90 and 110
    height between 100 and 120

They usually look best if the height is 10 to 20 greater than the width.

It may seem trivial but I have well over 100 bookmarks set with custom icons on my pre. I use ¼ of these on a daily basis but all of them at sometime over the course of a month. Easily identifiable icons makes a big difference in quickly pulling them up. The TP's icons look way too much alike to quickly launch what you want. Sure, its not a must but since you can add pages / tabs on the pre as many as you want it was great to just have a page setup bc I frequented them so much.
    Nice! I'm going to use this for my Gmail shortcut...is there anyway to get it to work on advanced browser? All I get is a moon icon from them..
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboyo View Post
    Nice! I'm going to use this for my Gmail shortcut...is there anyway to get it to work on advanced browser? All I get is a moon icon from them..
    Not that I have found so far, only thing I do like is the option of adding login and pw info with advanced browser. I really wish Dolphin would port over their browser- HD or mini!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Been trying to figure out how to do this, it's a pain in the **** but it does work. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboyo View Post
    You dont have your gmail accounts synced into the mail app?

I really like the mail app..