Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hello. New TouchPad owner here. Having problems with my email. They are both GMail accounts. I get the email sent to the TouchPad ok, but when I go to read the email, the body of the email says "Unable to retrieve text" With a RETRY button underneath of that.

And I have deleted both GMail accounts, and reinstalled them. Didnt help one bit.

Anybody else having these problems? Anybody know how to fix it? Thanks.

Brandon
    I've seen that once or twice too. Setup the accounts and give the TP a reboot see if that helps.
    Here's a couple of things I would try out...

1) Which version of webOS are you running? Launch Device Info to check. If you are still on 3.0.0, then launch System Updates to update to webOS 3.0.2 which fixes some email issues.

2) Are you in a spotty wifi area?

3) Have you rebooted the TP at all? If not, try rebooting and see if that helps. I don't know for sure, but I get the impression that the TP has memory leaks, and every so often a reboot seems to fix a lot of issues. To reboot, just launch Device Info and click on the Restart Options button. Alternatively, if you have Preware installed then there is a patch that will make a long-press of the power button give you rebooting options.
  4.    #4  
    ok, so deleted both accounts. Restarted the device. Still wont load any of the messages. Anybody else have any other ideas? It was working fine until last night. Don't know exactly what happened. Thanks again everyone.

oh and running 3.0.2
  5.    #5  
    Its not sending any emails either. What could be the problem?
    Bad setup issue? If you have the accounts set up now then do a reboot. Don't delete and then do a reboot. I had this problem on one of my email accounts but it went away after a reboot, I think. Anyway, it went away after a while.

When you say it won't show any of the messages, it shows the headers off to the left?
  7.    #7  
    Yeah, I can see the email in the "email list" But when I go to open the email, in the body of the email, it says its unable to retrieve message. And then there is a RETRY button underneath of that. And a yellow triangle with an exclamation point beside it.

I also reloaded the accounts and then rebooted, as you suggested, and that didn't seem to fix the issue either.

It also isnt sending any emails that Im sending out.

Also, the last few times, when I have added the accounts, it IS NOT asking me what I wanting to sync. Like how it asks you if you want to Sync you Calendar, Docs, etc... Its not asking me that anymore. Its like its caching my accounts from previous or something. I put the account in again, and all of the settings that I had from before are already there.

Weird huh?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brandon
  8.    #8  
    Here is a screen shot of what I see when I try and open an email. And again, its NOT sending email either.

Brandon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    same issue here I am thinking of taking her to the doctor, what thinks you? so for i restarted it 3 times and no go
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Don't panic I'm having same issue with getting emails, but unable to view. maybe server issue, Its starred early around 11:00 am N.Y time. I was checking my email early morning everything was fine. Once I see the email not working I check for update the ring keep spinning so I open device info it won't show me all the info weird. Btw this a launch day(July 1st)16 gb running on 3.0.2
    getting the same thing for all 3 accts. Exchange, gmail and my service provider account. anyone find a fix yet?
    I just Doctored my TP because I started having the same problem yesterday. The Doctor cleared everything up but it is taking a while to get everything re-installed (even with save/restore).
    Yes, all is well again!
    what's causing this is my question
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    just fished redoc, I am as good as new
    Quote Originally Posted by bmktouchpad View Post
    Here is a screen shot of what I see when I try and open an email. And again, its NOT sending email either.

Brandon
    Is this for every email or just certain email? I have seen that, but only when I get a meeting invite from one person in a format that the email app can't display. I always have to log on to a computer to see the meeting invite.
    having the same problem with my emails. What's the issue?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    When i first set my Gmail account for the email app on the touchpad everything worked fine but today I received some emails but i get "An error occurred downloading this message" on all the emails i try to view. Anyone have a solution to this problem?
    couple people already started a thread on this. It seems to be an issue with all the accounts on some TouchPads, mine included...
    well if you have the patch " muffle system logging " thats what seems to be the issue . the only fixes for it so far are to erase apps and data (which does not delete anything on the usb drive) and then use preware and save/restore to restore as much data as possible, or to doctor your TPad to factory and reload everything.

AND IF YOU DONT HAVE THIS PATCH (" muffle system logging " ) BUT HAVE THIS ISSUE PLEASE LET ME KNOW ! THANKS
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast