Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes
    Command line worked for me!
    shanpalm61 likes this.
    "Installing" Emergency Filecache Wipe from Preware (uploaded today) did the trick for me.
    Same for this guy, http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3154950
    But I didn't uninstall muffle like him/her.
    Same here... Emergency Filecache Wipe worked a treat.

As I said in the other thread around emails issues.. I love our HB community, webosinternalz rock. Another donation on its way!
    Same here... Emergency Filecache Wipe worked a treat.

As I said in the other thread around emails issues.. I love our HB community, webosinternalz rock. Another donation on its way!
    I think(!) being a Linux newbie that I've got all the stuff installed I need for this on my new Touchpad, but when I issue the command I get a reply:

-exec requires an argument

Anyone know what's going wrong here? (Could it be the spaces in the commands given? I find it very hard to tell where the spaces and characters are in the prescribed command.
    This solved the problem on my Touchpad.

I had to try a few times because on the first few attempts I ommited the ; at the end, when I corrected my mistake it worked.

Make sure you type the following EXACTLY

find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;

Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by artdent View Post
    I think(!) being a Linux newbie that I've got all the stuff installed I need for this on my new Touchpad, but when I issue the command I get a reply:

-exec requires an argument

Anyone know what's going wrong here? (Could it be the spaces in the commands given? I find it very hard to tell where the spaces and characters are in the prescribed command.
    I had the same problem because I forgot the ; at the end.

Make sure you type the following EXACTLY

find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;
    The Emergency Filecache Wipe did the trick for me. Started having this issue yesterday and it was ****ing me off to no end, so if there's anybody who cannot or does not want to run the command line, give the EFW a shot. It should work. Thanks again to this awesome community.
    Hi.
    I hope someone can help me out.
    My email on WebOs is still not working properly.
    I can't seem to get any list of old emails.
    This happened after I tweaked the tablet.
    Since then, I have un-installed everything. All kernel, govnah, preware, and all the other tweaks suggested. Delete and re-install the email acct several times.
    Web Doctored - full reset, Full Erase, the cache flush command line; emergency cache flush..etc..
    Unbelievable..
    Still not working...any ideas beside using a 20lb sledge hammer to it?
    thanks
    I want to make sure I'm following the right track here.
    When I run WebQuickInstall, the screen opens up.
    I went to the drop down "Tools" and then "Linux command"
    This drops me to DOS like prompt.
    "root@(mytouchpad):/#"
    when I get this line, I typed in "find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;"

the command drops back to
    "root@(mytouchpad):/#"

and nothing seems to happen...
    Am I doing this right?
    Last edited by qkster; 10/30/2011 at 08:38 PM.
    Emergency file cache wipe worked perfectly for me. I thought i had a virus cause right when this started my email staerted sending malware to everyone of my contacts. Guess thats a separate issue i have to address, bu at least i am getting messages again.
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    Yep, Emergency Filecache Wipe (EFW) worked, didn't have to do anything else. I do have the latest Muffle System Logging patch installed after the 3.0.4 update. Thanks to Rod@webosinternals.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234