Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    just noticed this in a meeting today while using my TP. Can receive, but cannot send! *** OVER!

trying the old version of the muffle patch to see if that works like the thread suggested.
    --Simon
    According to 1 user, "edit 2: plan B worked for me: find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;" running that command fixed it for him. How do we run the command though? Didn't think we had a working terminal unless we did the Ubuntu installation?
    Quote Originally Posted by kwando View Post
    just noticed this in a meeting today while using my TP. Can receive, but cannot send! *** OVER!

trying the old version of the muffle patch to see if that works like the thread suggested.

Nope didn't work! FML
    --Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    According to 1 user, "edit 2: plan B worked for me: find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;" running that command fixed it for him. How do we run the command though? Didn't think we had a working terminal unless we did the Ubuntu installation?
    thought you could run it from webosinstall (when you preware)

yes you can, just ran the line, lets see if it works
    Last edited by kwando; 09/08/2011 at 01:53 PM.
    --Simon
    daffy4u, you can't make a patch to reverse whatever this patch did before your update? Doctoring for me will require hours of work. I'm just dreading it. There's far too many lacking save/restore scripts for TouchPad apps so far, including Glimpse Dev Cut..
    I didn't make the patch (not a developer). I'm only sharing what worked for me (and yes, it took hours).

FYI, my Dev Cut of Glimpse restored just fine, even with the mojo apps I added.

One thing I wish I done before doctoring was making a note of all the patches I had installed. I've now gone and made screen shots of all patches and apps in case I have to do it again in the furture.
    yes!! it worked!!
    --Simon
    YAY! Running " find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \; " from webos quick install command line and rebooting fixed me! So glad I didn't have to doctor!! Email probs all fixed!
    Nice worked for me as well!
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    command work perfect. Thank you!
    ran the command using xterm. Mail working now. Thks!
    Worked for me too. So glad I didn't have to doctor! Thanks!
    Brandon

what exactly fixed your problem
    does NOT work for me!
    neither Linux command, nor doctoring/full erase can solve it
    any thought??
    worked fine for me. ran the command, restarted, reinstalled muffling patch...email works again.
    Worked perfectly for me. I have the most recent update of the Muffle System Logging patch installed. I opened WOSQI and ran the Linux command as indicated. After a device restart, I was able to read all my emails again.
    Quote Originally Posted by dglshk View Post
    does NOT work for me!
    neither Linux command, nor doctoring/full erase can solve it
    any thought??
    Make sure you are not including the " " I have around it. Type the following in the command line and the following only:
    find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;

Then wait for about 10 seconds until it takes you back to the prompt. Then, reboot. You might make sure you've removed the Muffle System Logging patch 1st.
    find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;

worked for me also from the command line... then reboot i love this community!
    I have 4 email accounts set up and my main account (sbcglobal.net) keeps giving an error (yellow triangle) message most of the time that states "check login and password" My login and password is correct. When I go to use my TP after it's been on standby this error pops up as soon as the lock screen comes back on. Any ideas?
    My Google account keeps syncing constantly (see sync notification almost 2x/min). Any ideas?

tx,
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast