Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I'm having that problem too.. I do believe its related to muffle system logging since I started to have that problem after I updated that

sent from my OG Evo 4g
    I had to change my password because it had special characters.
    Great, I suddenly have this same problem tonight! Not cool! I am NOT thrilled at all about having to do a doctor with all the setup I've done.. No fix for this?

Interesting observation: it seems a profile backup occurred this evening right while I was trying to do something in my Email app. Wondering if that is the evil culprit of this error. There sure better be a way around this other than having to doctor and start over with everything! *GROWL!*
    Last edited by volcom45; 09/07/2011 at 11:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem. It was working perfect yesterday.
    Are you using the "muffle system logging" patch? It seems to be causing problems:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...tachments.html
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    yes muffle system logging patch causes more harm than good. Avoid.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Just started to have the issue as well!
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    same issue was working fine all day, now I get "an error occurred downloading this message" with retry button. Removed muffled system patch, removed account, reboot, added account. Issue remains. I would say its a server issue, but sounds like its more then one account and it still works on my Pre 2!
    I have just this thread just after I downloaded and applied the Muffle patch.
    Interestingly I have 2 email accounts, IMAP(GMAIL) and a POP3 account.
    My Gmail account forwards to my POP3 account as my POP3 account is my main one.

I sent an email with a photo attachment from my wifes account to my Gmail account, worked perfectly I could see the email in both my accounts and the attachment downloaded and was correctly indexed/viewed through the picture app.

So for me so far I cannot see a problem, am I missing something ??
    I have all the standard speed patches applied but am running the standard kernel.
    I reinstalled the muffle patch after doctoring and before I posted in this thread earlier. My email is working well... so far. :-)
    I did have the Muffle System Log patch. I just removed it and rebooted, but sadly still same problem.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tboy2000 View Post
    yes muffle system logging patch causes more harm than good. Avoid.
    It has been fixed. Tweet from webOS Internals:

warthogkernel Warthog Kernel
    by webosinternals
    PSA:If you updated the Muffle patch recently (in the last week or so), please make sure to update again right now and reboot.
    3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    Added most recent Muffle patch after removing them yesterday... did a Luna Restart, and then a Device Restart (twice)... still messed up email

Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    It has been fixed. Tweet from webOS Internals:

warthogkernel Warthog Kernel
    by webosinternals
    PSA:If you updated the Muffle patch recently (in the last week or so), please make sure to update again right now and reboot.
    3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    same here updated muffle patch, reboot same problem
    If it's still not working after removing/updating the muffle patch, you're going to have to doctor (I know it's a pain).

I've now updated the muffle patch and my email is still working fine.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I did an App and Data erase and then restored my App and Data (without the Preware stuffs yet) and the email is working now. Probably similar to complete doctor but with slightly less pain.
    daffy4u, you can't make a patch to reverse whatever this patch did before your update? Doctoring for me will require hours of work. I'm just dreading it. There's far too many lacking save/restore scripts for TouchPad apps so far, including Glimpse Dev Cut..
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ehong_naper View Post
    I did an App and Data erase and then restored my App and Data (without the Preware stuffs yet) and the email is working now. Probably similar to complete doctor but with slightly less pain.
    how do you restore app and data after an erase? I have a lot of game saves I don't want to lose.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I did not have much of game data to restore so I did not worry about it that much. So it is easier for me.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    So Doc is the only way?? This is gonna suck....
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast