Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By beardedspoooon
  1.    #1  
    Hi everone, I just found this youtube video showing multi touch working for the touchdroid gingerbread project, enjoy.

oops forgot the link :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=MZwhbJiad8Y
    Last edited by DemonHighwayman; 09/07/2011 at 10:56 AM. Reason: forgot the link to vid
    Old news bro. LOL that you didn't provide a link.
    DemonHighwayman likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    Old news bro. LOL that you didn't provide a link.
    Last time i saw it was just single point touch. Anyway cheers for pointing that out
    Yep, that's not old news unless you're counting -yesterday- as old news.

10 point touchscreen = touchscreen is done. That was basically the last thing holding android back on the touchpad, and with it working, I imagine a full release will be out any day now. Dual booting, fully supported android next to webos on some of the best hardware available. Not bad .
  5.    #5  
    Yeah it was a big hurdle for them, lets hope CM7 isn't too far behind. I think they still need to get drivers for the radio, audio and some other hardware first, before they can go beta with it.
    Problem with reporting "old news" on the port front is that they keep moving any talk of it to the "Other tablets" forum, even though it's being done on a TouchPad, so you'll get posts like this from people who've correctly taken the extra step of searching this sub-forum. I think the Android port is definitely TouchPad news, but it's not my call obviously.
  7.    #7  
    Ah, didn't realise there was an another tablets forum, I always check on the touchpad forum for all news about developments. Thanks for the info, i'm going to try and find the other forum now
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHighwayman View Post
    Yeah it was a big hurdle for them, lets hope CM7 isn't too far behind. I think they still need to get drivers for the radio, audio and some other hardware first, before they can go beta with it.
    They have a video up specifically showing graphics acceleration, multitouch, and if you watch, he demonstrates multitouch by visiting a website and zooming in and out (key words here "by visiting a website" implying that he has wifi up and running as well).
    According to a Cypress developer rep, HP has been loading Android on all Touchpads initially, then overwriting Android with the webOS image.
    HP Kryptonite Forum • View topic - The Cypress Semiconductor CY8CTMA395 touchscreen controller

Also can the mods consolidate all of the Touchpad/ Android threads in the "Other Tablets" forum in a sticky?
    someone merge this with the other thread.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    They have a video up specifically showing graphics acceleration, multitouch, and if you watch, he demonstrates multitouch by visiting a website and zooming in and out (key words here "by visiting a website" implying that he has wifi up and running as well).
    Awesome, they are closer than I thought Once it's up and running I hope they allow the USB to be used for cameras, keyboards flash drives etc. There are people working on that just now for WebOS, so fingers crossed android gets it too.
    what??? You can put android on a touchpad?? How is that even possible?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    Are you serious ?
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    The HP Touchpad shares the innards with other Android tablets. The new HTC Puccinni and the Touchpad nearly have the same spec. Qualcomm was using the Touchpad as a platform for it's Android testing. Also, the comment I posted assumes HP was installing Android to install WebOS.

The Android for Touchpad projects aren't released to the masses yet. It maybe a few more weeks before people are able to dual boot WebOS and Android.