1.    #1  
    Hi All,

Was looking at the TP on bootup in a very dark room, yes it does have light bleed BUT when I compare it to a new iPad2 I got yesterday, the iPads bleed was so much worse with bright spots as well as the expected discolouration of the black background due to the panel brightness.

The iPad is one with a 2nd half of the year serial number so it is a recent build, 3 guesses whats going back tonight for a refund....

Barry
    yea you can see the bleed in a dark room but other than that I have not really noticed a big deal. Videos are still nice etc....

thanks
    My TP bleed is worse than my iPad 2.
    Still neither of them is enough to bother me.
    Last edited by azentropy; 09/07/2011 at 09:29 AM. Reason: "must worse" changed to just "worse"
    My TP has about the same amount of light bleed as my first ipad2, which I bought on release day. Not enough to bother me, but still noticable. My 2nd iPad2 bought 2 months ago is perfect. No light bleed. And for the record, light bleed is an issue with many LCD products, made by many manufacturers from Apple, HP, Samsung, Westinghouse, Panasonic and so on. I've seen it on all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by azentropy View Post
    My TP bleed is worse than my iPad 2.
    Still neither of them is enough to bother me.
    Same here.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I have that bleeding but its still good. I'm keeping my baby.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post
    My TP has about the same amount of light bleed as my first ipad2, which I bought on release day. Not enough to bother me, but still noticable. My 2nd iPad2 bought 2 months ago is perfect. No light bleed. And for the record, light bleed is an issue with many LCD products, made by many manufacturers from Apple, HP, Samsung, Westinghouse, Panasonic and so on. I've seen it on all of them.
    Indeed though bleed I can stand, not brighter spot bleeding as I seen on the iPad 2, though I guess it is magical so it doesn't matter as much...

Barry

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums