Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Last week, I Homebrewed my TouchPad using Uberkernal and made sure to follow all the correct patches in the Getting Started guide. Everything seemed to work fine for about a week. This past weekend, I decided to use the F15C Kernal to clock it to 1.7 and it worked flawlessly for one two days. Two nights ago, the battery was low so I plugged it in to charge, the next morning, I took it off of the charger and when I got home 14 hours later, it was deader than a doornail. I thought maybe the batter was dead, so I plugged it back into the charger, but nothing.

It appears for some reason the TouchPad has decided to be a doorstop. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

It will not power up at all.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Hold down the power button and the center button for 15 seconds. This should hard reboot the unit (you should see the glowing Hp symbol). I had a similar situation that I tracked down to an HP backup issue. Every time it backed up, the TouchPad froze. I had to turn off backup (clear the backup cache on the server), turn it back on and then manually do the backup. I haven't had a problem since.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I had this problem last night. I was so scared I thought my TP was dead. Try this,

Hold your Wall Charger and twist the tip (where the outlet prongs are) to the right. You will hear a click sound and try to charge it again, see what happens. BTW, I can't remember if it was twist to right or twist to left, you can do a trial and error.

Good luck.