Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    First off feel free to move to proper thread.

I have a CD Rom CPA review class I am doing. I insert the CD in my computer and it auto plays or click the clicktostart.exe file if i copy dvd/cd to hard drive that brings up a window with the different audio/video chapters to select from. I successfully copied the cd/dvd to the TP. Once you click on the chapter the video begins to play on half the screen and the other half has the text(appears to have been done in a ppt). I am able to view the text slides individually as a photo on the TP and can track down the videos by using touchplayer but was curious if there is a way to get the exe to run?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    strange times..
    woodmaster likes this.
    lulz
  4.    #4  
    is there a tablet exe's will run on? I have an HP laptop I can use but was just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsh1975 View Post
    is there a tablet exe's will run on? I have an HP laptop I can use but was just curious.
    One running Windows
    have you tried ripping the videos from the DVD and then transfer the ripped videos to the TP? Exes won't run directly on the to.
    If only you could boot up Ubuntu on your touchpad and then install WINE and then open your .exe there. Windows inside of Ubuntu inside of webOS. OSception....
    devize and Pazienza like this.
    ummm...you CAN boot up Ubuntu and install WINE. Will that .exe work? WINE is hit & miss...
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    Find a Windows tablet.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Does WINE work on (linux installed on) ARM based hardware?
    Detach the keyboard part from your screen on your laptop...Just rip it at the hinge...and voila....exe's on your pseudo tablet.
  12.    #13  
    Not sure about some of the comments in this thread. Was my question that bad?
    Not sure about some of the comments in this thread. Was my question that bad?
    yeppp
  14.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by m a r k View Post
    strange times..
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyFizzoli View Post
    yeppp
    What was so bad about it?
  15.    #16  
    It is kind of wordy but to my defense it was late when I posted.
    Short answer, I think you are doing the best you can do. exe's are executable files that are specific to windows, which is a long ways away from what the touchpad is.

Different kind of processor, different operating system, plus the amusing imagery of trying to insert a CD into a touchpad.
  17.    #18  
    I wasn't suggesting sticking a CD in the touchpad. I took the CD copied it to the hard drive of my laptop. On the laptop I am able to run exe file. When I synced my TP to the laptop I copied the files over to the TP that were off the CD to a folder I created. Now back on the TP I am able to view the slide show(ppt) as photos and I am able to locate the video files and watch them using a movie player app. But from what you are telling me there is no way I can run that program since it is an exe file.

Lets now talk about Ubuntu as suggested by Jason. If I am able to get it up and running on the TP could it open and play that exe file?
    I wasn't suggesting sticking a CD in the touchpad. I took the CD copied it to the hard drive of my laptop. On the laptop I am able to run exe file. When I synced my TP to the laptop I copied the files over to the TP that were off the CD to a folder I created. Now back on the TP I am able to view the slide show(ppt) as photos and I am able to locate the video files and watch them using a movie player app. But from what you are telling me there is no way I can run that program since it is an exe file.

Lets now talk about Ubuntu as suggested by Jason. If I am able to get it up and running on the TP could it open and play that exe file?
    .Exe files do not run on any of the mobile OSes as far as I know (webOS, iOS, Android, WP7, etc). These OSes are designed very differently from a desktop/laptop OS.

I think it may be possible to run .exe within a virtual box within Linux on the TP as previously stated in this thread. I don't know how close a solution like this is from coming to life though.
    I am, therefore I think
  19.    #20  
    Working in a profession that is software driven I am quickly finding out there is an issue between software and hardware companies. It appears companies are producing hardware(tablets) but software companies are not producing software capable of running on them.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast