webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > HELP: my touchpad has locked up?
HELP: my touchpad has locked up?

Old 09/07/2011, 12:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

what can I do? My touchpad has froze and nothing I do does anything! The screen is on the website I was browsing in "advanced browser" with 2 tabs open, everything accept the keyboard is fuzzy (on the web page). And it is just sitting there...

on my pre- I could at least do a forced reset with the ringer switch, but what can I do on my touchpad? It has been like this for about an hour now?
Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
plcd22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/2011, 12:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plcd22 View Post
what can I do? My touchpad has froze and nothing I do does anything! The screen is on the website I was browsing in "advanced browser" with 2 tabs open, everything accept the keyboard is fuzzy (on the web page). And it is just sitting there...

on my pre- I could at least do a forced reset with the ringer switch, but what can I do on my touchpad? It has been like this for about an hour now?
I met the same situation before. Then I restart the device. That will be fine.
Did you minimize the logging? here is the way

Steps to set logging to minimal:

Open up the Phone & Video Calls App
Type ##5647# and hit the green call button
In the new window that pops up, click on “Change Logging Levels…”
On the next screen hit “Set Logging To Minimal”
Click OK to confirm on the “Are You Sure?” popup
That’s it!

the article from Got a slow HP TouchPad? Here are 3 easy ways to speed it up
brightpei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/2011, 02:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

To force a reboot hold the power button plus the home/center button somewhere around 15 to 20 seconds. (same process as an iPad if you are familar with that)
KCTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/2011, 02:18 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTraveler View Post
To force a reboot hold the power button plus the home/center button somewhere around 15 to 20 seconds. (same process as an iPad if you are familar with that)
Good to know for future reference.
uh60james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/2011, 11:48 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightpei View Post
I met the same situation before. Then I restart the device. That will be fine.
Did you minimize the logging? here is the way

Steps to set logging to minimal:

Open up the Phone & Video Calls App
Type ##5647# and hit the green call button
In the new window that pops up, click on “Change Logging Levels…”
On the next screen hit “Set Logging To Minimal”
Click OK to confirm on the “Are You Sure?” popup
That’s it!

the article from Got a slow HP TouchPad? Here are 3 easy ways to speed it up
that didn't say how to "restart" the device... What I ended up doing was just letting it overnight and it drained the battery and shut off then this morning it started up and seems to be working (posting from my touchpad - freetethered through my Prē-)

oh and yes it is all "prewared out" logging minimal, oberclocked, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTraveler View Post
thank you that is good to know for future reference! But as stated above letting the battery completely drain did the trick too (soooo much longer)
Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
Old 09/08/2011, 12:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plcd22 View Post

thank you that is good to know for future reference! But as stated above letting the battery completely drain did the trick too (soooo much longer)
Ouch on the wait for the battery method, but at least it worked.

Hopefully you don't have to force reboot in the future, I've only had to once.
KCTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2011, 12:59 AM   #7 (permalink)

agreed thanks again...
Old 09/08/2011, 01:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

my TP has crashed on me 3 times today.
***? all patches installed. it would just randomly crash.

also, sometimes wifi loses connection??? I have to turn it off and then on again to make it work..
huh.
mkln is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0