Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I manually transferred some pictures from my PC (XP) to a new directory on my TouchPad, but unfortunately, the pictures are not shown in "Photos and Vidoes" gallery. Please let me know how to fix this.

++++++ Work around found ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    create a new folder and hide it using Internalz.
    Looks like TouchPad re-indexes files when it sees a new hidden folder.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Last edited by rakeshou; 09/07/2011 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Found the workaround
    I had to go into my pictures on the touchpad and create a new folder. Then plug it into a pc and see that folder pop up.
    sent from my thunderbolt
    Try installing Internalz Pro from Preware and searching through there. If they are visible through Internalz, it could be an indexing problem, try rebooting the touchpad
    frustrating problem. Screenshots album wont show up but it will show up in internalz. Found out its not just screenshots album but a bunch of new pictures that are in the albums but not showing up in photo app. tried making it hidden and then unhiding it and then rename it and it would create a new folder when i take a new screenshot. Nothing is showing up. OC kernel problem?
    Can someone post a picture here in this forum that is NOT showing up on their Touchpad so others can try to duplicate this issue?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    basically just take a screenshot. It will show up internals but not in the photo app. Creating new albums won't show up either.
    Mine does this with no issue. I can load pics (jpegs, png, etc) and they show up immediately. Taking a screen shot also creates a folder for them and they also show up immediately.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    do you have an OC kernel?
    for those having a problem with images,especially new ones, showing up, do you have any of the muffle system logging patches installed? This has been known to cause a file indexer problem. Uninstall all of the system logging patches and try again. Let us know if it works!
    Last edited by blue duck butter; 09/07/2011 at 05:07 PM.
    Just for info, I had this problem this afternoon. (I used the HP chat help system and the lady actually asked me what I meant by a lunar restart, but thats another story !) Anyway got nowhere with that so this is what I did. I uninstalled the muffle logging patch and then performed a hard reset (hold the center button and off switch untl the HP logo appears) TWICE. The spinning wheel then kicked in on the Photo app and all was good again.

Please note I have no idea if the muffle patch was causing the problem or not and I am extremely grateful to the dev for providing it, Just saying that it worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    for those having a problem with images,especially new ones, showing up, do you have any of the muffle system logging patches installed? This has been known to cause a file indexer problem. Uninstall all of the system logging patches and try again. Let us know if it works!
    Removing Muffle alone did nothing. It forced a Luna reboot and I did it.

What else should I try removing?
    just uninstalled muffler and Luna reset, no change. Doing hard reset now...
    ok did one hard reset and still wasn't showing. Did one more hard reset and now it works. 2 hard resets are mandatory.
    Quote Originally Posted by jason.hamilton View Post
    frustrating problem. Screenshots album wont show up but it will show up in internalz. Found out its not just screenshots album but a bunch of new pictures that are in the albums but not showing up in photo app. tried making it hidden and then unhiding it and then rename it and it would create a new folder when i take a new screenshot. Nothing is showing up. OC kernel problem?
    it's a bug, HP improved the experience in 3.0.2 but it was there on my launch day 3.0 TP.

I experienced it again last night, I'm sticking to my original workaround which seems to work for me for the most part which is to flush the file system buffers on my linux laptop(using the 'sync' command) and yank the usb cable out causing the "OWW!" message, which then triggers a reindex for me at least.

last night I went further since I have a total of about 10,000 photos on my TP, I removed all of the generated thumbnails(I did some mass renames of my images and moved them around to different directories so wanted to start fresh) and did the process above and then let it sit for several hours, see if it's done generating thumbnails when I get back home.
    Quote Originally Posted by natepre509 View Post
    it's a bug, HP improved the experience in 3.0.2 but it was there on my launch day 3.0 TP.

I experienced it again last night, I'm sticking to my original workaround which seems to work for me for the most part which is to flush the file system buffers on my linux laptop(using the 'sync' command) and yank the usb cable out causing the "OWW!" message, which then triggers a reindex for me at least.

last night I went further since I have a total of about 10,000 photos on my TP, I removed all of the generated thumbnails(I did some mass renames of my images and moved them around to different directories so wanted to start fresh) and did the process above and then let it sit for several hours, see if it's done generating thumbnails when I get back home.
    I was having a similar problem which I solved by deleting the .photosApp folder using Internalz Pro then changed 1 file ext. from jpg to jpeg. In combination it appears to work for me.
    muffle system logging patches have always been the cause of this (at least on the phones). I should have mentioned to do a full shut down and restart, sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by jason.hamilton View Post
    ok did one hard reset and still wasn't showing. Did one more hard reset and now it works. 2 hard resets are mandatory.
    Yeppers, two hard resets is required.

I have Advanced Reset Options and tried it with their Reset and it DID NOT work. I guess someone should let poor, overworked Jason Robitaille know.

Ugg - who's going to fix this one?

Once you do the hard reset, all your pictures come back - too bad there isn't a quick way to delete multiple pictures in Photos & Videos (other then going in with Internalz and the like).
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    muffle system logging patches have always been the cause of this (at least on the phones). I should have mentioned to do a full shut down and restart, sorry!
    So, just to be clear, if I re-install Muffle, I need to do two hard restarts and I won't have the problem from there on - right?!?
    just to chime in. uninstalled muffle. did 4 hard resets. nothing

tried jason's command-line force reindex; however, command line said it didn't recognize the job fileindexer

Deleted uberkernel. Now device is bricked. Making a trip to the webdoctor.
    webdoctor'd. Probably my fault I bricked the device (uninstalled uberkernal incorrectly)

Still, a little disconcerting that after multiple hard resets, TP still wouldn't re-index
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast