1.    #1  
    Hi, I'm newly registered on these forums but have been reading them ever since I got my Touchpad a few weeks ago. First, thanks to all of you for bringing what you have to this community, it's really been helpful and informative for a noob like myself.

Recently, I noticed Adobe Reader hasn't been recognizing new PDFs I've added to the Books folder on my touchpad. The PDFs open fine on my computer with Adobe Reader, but for some reason, Adobe Reader (and QuickOffice for that matter) haven't been recognizing when I add PDFs to the device. The apps and Touchpad itself do recognize when I've deleted old PDFs, however.

I've tried restarting Luna and restarting the device, to no avail. Interestingly, I can open the PDFs via Internalz, and they open in Adobe Reader, but they still don't show up in my PDF list in Adobe Reader even after Reader has opened them!

Has anybody experienced this problem as well, or does anybody have a solution or tip? By the way, I have 704 PDFs in my Books folder, lol, but the Touchpad had no problem recognizing them all when I had 800+. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  2.    #2  
    Just an update:

I tried masking the Books folder via Internalz, restarting the device, and unhiding the folder, and that didn't work. Then I tried renaming, masking, hiding, unmasking and unhiding the folder, and it's still not updated. Noticed the same thing is happening with my music library... Read a bit about the media index having problems in older webos versions, but can't find anything about this issue in 3.0.2... Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  3. chi
    I'm having the same problem. Kinda disappointed that I can't use this as an eReader. Loaded a ton of PDFs, particularly those For Dummy PDFs and many others including the HP Touchpad user guide and it doesn't see my new PDFs. Files work fine on my computer and even on my iPhone.

Tried putting it in a /Books folder. Then tried putting it in the root directory where that other default PDF is located. Tried rebooting the device.

I'm on the newest WebOS 3.0.2 and no updates are listed in System Updates. I have Preware and it's overclocked to 1.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by chi View Post
    I'm having the same problem. Kinda disappointed that I can't use this as an eReader. Loaded a ton of PDFs, particularly those For Dummy PDFs and many others including the HP Touchpad user guide and it doesn't see my new PDFs. Files work fine on my computer and even on my iPhone.

Tried putting it in a /Books folder. Then tried putting it in the root directory where that other default PDF is located. Tried rebooting the device.

I'm on the newest WebOS 3.0.2 and no updates are listed in System Updates. I have Preware and it's overclocked to 1.5.
    Have you tried using Internalz Pro to launch the pdf?
  5. chi
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    Have you tried using Internalz Pro to launch the pdf?
    Awesome, that worked! Happy camper now.
    how to open the pdf file can u plz explain step by step im new here thanks in advance
    glad it helped

Quote Originally Posted by bharuch7282 View Post
    how to open the pdf file can u plz explain step by step im new here thanks in advance
    You would need to have preware and install Internalz Pro then find the file on the deceive.
    anybody willing to help i m completely new here and dont know how to open pdf files using internalz pro thanks in advance
    It kind of sucks that the indexer on the touchpad doesnt recognize new media so we have to use internalz pro to open the files. As to the above commenter you need to go into preware and search for internalz pro and install it. once it is installed you launch the program and it will by default take you to your media/internal directory which is what you see whenever you connect your touchpad to your computer. In there you should see your transferred pdfs. Just click on them and hit open and it will launch Adobe PDF.

Now if anyone knows a permanent fix to this indexer please let us know. It is the root cause of all these my music doesn't show up, my photos don't show up, and my pdfs don't show up.
    I wonder if they we could find the place where the index file is. If we could find that then we could just delete it and then it would update the media.
    delete /var/luna/data/filenotify.db3

this doesn't always work for me though. Very flaky results. I just wish there was a real solution instead of this delete file, reboot, hope it works if not delete file again and hope it works...
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for the input, everybody. Tried deleting the filenotify.db3 file and restarting as uji202 mentioned, but sadly this didn't refresh the media list in Adobe Reader of Music. Can still open the files just fine via Internals, but it would be nice if PDF and MP3 lists were accurate in their respective programs. I guess it's reassuring that I'm not the only one having this problem. Will keep tinkering and report back if I find anything.
  13.    #13  
    Doctoring the touchpad back to factory settings worked, however annoying. If the problem persists, I'll just use internalz from now on.
    I never had this problem until this week. Prior to that, I've been adding/removing PDFs
    without any problems.

This is an inexcusable fault in QuickOffice, Adobe Reader, and/or WebOS.
    Some thing this basic should not have occured in the first place.

I'm surprised that this problme isn't being reported more widely.
    is an update to the PDF reader. How do we get this done? For me I incrased the resolution so that when I zoom in (what little I can do with that) the image is clear, but the rendering takes time. When I don't load one of my newspapers, essentially half way throught the paper the reader just grinds to a halt. Argh!

Also would be nice to annotate.

I have made a variety of file folders for documents and launch from Gemini File Manager. I think it is a little cleaner to use than internalz.