webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > How to transfer music into the HP TouchPad?
How to transfer music into the HP TouchPad?

Old 09/06/2011, 10:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
k3u

I tried using HP Play but it doesn't work out for me. Keeps giving me an USB error on my Touchpad and HP Play does not recognizes my TouchPad either.
k3u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/2011, 10:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm pretty sure I did USB mode and created a folder called music and dragged and dropped my music into that. Hope that helps/works :-)

edit: is your touchpad giving you the USB error or the computer?
fyrebyrd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: kcchong
Old 09/06/2011, 10:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
k3u

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrebyrd10 View Post
I'm pretty sure I did USB mode and created a folder called music and dragged and dropped my music into that. Hope that helps/works :-)

edit: is your touchpad giving you the USB error or the computer?
The HP TouchPad is giving me the error ONLY when HP Play is running. When it's not running, I can easily access the root folders of TouchPads without a problem. I didn't know you could create a folder called music and just drag and drop. I'm new to webOS. Thanks, I'll give it a try! (:
k3u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/2011, 03:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

Try using MediaMonkey. It's a good media manager and can also be configured to embed album art inside mp3 tracks, so that it will show up on the touchpad

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
stuartbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/2011, 03:54 AM   #5 (permalink)

There is also a program called hp play, which syncs your itunes library on to the touchpad. Very easy to use.
bigdarlodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2011, 06:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdarlodave View Post
There is also a program called hp play, which syncs your itunes library on to the touchpad. Very easy to use.
**SEE FIRST POST***

Don't post what has already been posted.

Anyways, as for the problem, I have some additional info relating to my own problem:

I tried dragging and dropping a folder called "music" onto my Touchpad and it wasn't recognized by the music app. I would advise using HP Play if you can, but since you can't I would recommend creating a folder called "music" on your Touchpad and then transferring music. For some reason transferring all of your music in a folder titled music isn't recognized. It may also have been because I was in developer mode. Oh well!
thearkofthehalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2011, 07:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
ka1

HP play is pretty bad, at least on the mac.

as others said, try media monkey, missing sync, or patches for iTunes.

if only Apple didn't go out of their way to make all itunes users upgrade itunes to prevent apple itunes customers from using their devices to play music they purchased from itunes... Apple would never exploit a monopoly in one area, like a music store, to expand in another, like mp3 players, because that kind of activity would be obviously illegal...
Old 12/27/2011, 07:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

download wifi TP file and Internalz pro, you will have to have developer mode on...

I did this the other day, EZ wireless sharing/transfer from main rig with all the goodies I wanted to transfer, I am no software wiz, but it was pretty easy anyway....wireless FTW...

laterzzzz.....

Tags
hp touchpad music

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0