Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By shrxwin
  • 1 Post By NickA
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. See link.

take care,

Jay

Staples has 32 GB HP Touchpads at 'new low price' of $500?
    By Gloria Sin | September 6, 2011, 1:22pm PDT

Staples has 32 GB HP Touchpads at 'new low price' of $500? | ZDNet

Summary: Is Staplesí ad for the 32 GB HP Touchpad an honest mistake or opportunistic move to gouge unsuspecting customers still hunting for an elusive webOS tablet?
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    The sale circulars go to press way before hand.
  3.    #3  
    Hi all,

Make me wonder how much lead time they need to put the circular to bed.

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Right, Office Depot has run ads for the last 2 weeks.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    at work we got a new PC Connection catalog yesterday with the TouchPad on the cover. every instance of a retailer's marketing materials showing a TouchPad this last few weeks is another big black blotch on HP as far as I'm concerned, they handled this SO poorly!
    Typo Lad likes this.
    This is poor reporting. I knew before looking that it was a web only piece, as any print publication's ad department would slap the @#&%$ out of reporter for writing such trash.

For an in-paper ad you need at least 2-3 weeks lead time. The ad is designed by the business owner and their ad rep. It's then sent to the art department for layout, sent back to the client for approval / revisions, and if approved sent to production for placement a week before publication.

For the 1 page slicks that we use as an insert, we need a 6 week lead time because in addition to the above, it is sent to a different company for the printing, and then on to the paper.

I'm sure multiple page inserts take even longer.
    Yeah I used to work for Kmart and it was about 4 weeks . some a little longer but always atleast 3 weeks.
    exactly , why zdnet would make this a story is beyond me....
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    My local HHGregg advertised the same thing in their Sunday flyer. The ZDNet article is like kicking someone when they are down. Blogs like that love to bash anything that's not Apple every chance they get.
    ilovedessert likes this.