Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    Is HP planning to sell the last remaining
    200,000 Touchpads on HP.com only?
  2. #2  
    That would be my guess.
  3. #3  
    it would be in their best interest for saving money I think.

    I hope not though cause to create the best buzz is to make lines outside stores I think, i'll camp out for one for $99 for sure
  4. #4  
    I'm hoping for on the website and people that got those emails a while back get first dibs.
  5. #5  
    I think they are looking to sell strictly through HP.com- that gives them the best chance to capitalize and perhaps pick up some accessory sales.

    Clearly - if they sold 800k in minutes through multiple channels (yes, exaggerated some), 200k would not last a second in a similar fashion, and focused in just HP.com, they might last 30 mins.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by frank-barnett View Post
    I think they are looking to sell strictly through HP.com- that gives them the best chance to capitalize and perhaps pick up some accessory sales.

    Clearly - if they sold 800k in minutes through multiple channels (yes, exaggerated some), 200k would not last a second in a similar fashion, and focused in just HP.com, they might last 30 mins.
    That's what I was afraid of.

    I have a long trip coming up and I'm trying to plan it
    so I don't miss out on the next wave of Touchpads.

    My browswer's home page is set to the Touchpad
    page on HP.com... how crazy is that? (considering
    my family already has 3 Touchpads )
  7. methods's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #7  
    I'm not entirely convinced there will be another "firesale" , they have many orders yet to be fulfilled...and do they want another rush of orders when they haven't even finished the first
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    That's what I was afraid of.

    I have a long trip coming up and I'm trying to plan it
    so I don't miss out on the next wave of Touchpads.

    My browswer's home page is set to the Touchpad
    page on HP.com... how crazy is that? (considering
    my family already has 3 Touchpads )
    Hey, I don't have any...save some for the rest of us!
  9. DRFP's Avatar
    Posts
    309 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    I'm not entirely convinced there will be another "firesale" , they have many orders yet to be fulfilled...and do they want another rush of orders when they haven't even finished the first
    yet HP has clearly said they will sell more

    the Firesale is by all of us not HP

    BTW my wife and I love our freaking TP's
    I'm not here to criticize the Touchpad but to learn how to make it better.
  10. jpkboca's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #10  
    I think most of them are going to people who clicked on the 'notify' button on the website. If they have any left after fulfilling those, then you might get lucky ;-)

    I think they will not sell to people who previously got one through hp.com (which I think is good) so more people can get the tablet.
  11. methods's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    yet HP has clearly said they will sell more

    HP has clearly said many things and look where we are now...just sayin
    Typo Lad likes this.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Hey, I don't have any...save some for the rest of us!
    Seriously, some people need to buy a TouchPad for every room of their house!
    frank-barnett likes this.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Seriously, some people need to buy a TouchPad for every room of their house!
    I'm probably the only person who sold the iPad 2 after
    getting Touchpads.

    When HP dropped the Touchpad to $84, I bought three.

    The Touchpad worked so well for me and family, nobody
    bothered with the iPad 2 anymore...

    My 16GB iPad 2 was only 2 months old and I managed
    to sell it for $400.
    Typo Lad likes this.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post
    They have a ton of orders still pending through various warehouse distributors that handle stock for dozens and hundreds of retailers. If HP doesn't send stock to fill those orders they are more effed up a company than I already think they are. It would cause these retailers to have to cancel all the orders already pending and for the customers to have to re-buy straight from HP. Wouldn't put anything past HP though at this point.
    Do people still have orders pending? And if not with HP but someone like BestBuy- I would think HP would not be under any obligation to ship them product, and yes, they would cancel out the orders.

    Also- while it is cheaper for HP to sell at firesale prices and fulfill contracts, seems like it would be more expensive to ship to retailers than direct to customers- though I could also see the opposite being true.

    If they are sending them out to orders pending - either their own or retailer partners - the ordinary folks here who asked to be notified probably have close to zero chance of picking one up.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post
    They have a ton of orders still pending through various warehouse distributors that handle stock for dozens and hundreds of retailers. If HP doesn't send stock to fill those orders they are more effed up a company than I already think they are. It would cause these retailers to have to cancel all the orders already pending and for the customers to have to re-buy straight from HP. Wouldn't put anything past HP though at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by frank-barnett View Post
    Do people still have orders pending? And if not with HP but someone like BestBuy- I would think HP would not be under any obligation to ship them product, and yes, they would cancel out the orders.

    Also- while it is cheaper for HP to sell at firesale prices and fulfill contracts, seems like it would be more expensive to ship to retailers than direct to customers- though I could also see the opposite being true.

    If they are sending them out to orders pending - either their own or retailer partners - the ordinary folks here who asked to be notified probably have close to zero chance of picking one up.
    Don't know about retailer orders but I asked HP person on the phone if all the orders HP took and not been able to ship would be filled before the email notification went out and He said YES.
    I agree with that because it just makes sense for previous orders to be filled before offering to others.
  16. #16  
    Gawd I hope so. No offence to the other retailers but they handled the firesale and HP's request to pricematch others pretty badly. Also they can control how many is sold per customer to limit the resellers getting them, the retailers didnt care as long as they got rid of the stock.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

    www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  17. devize's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    #17  
    I've got an order in with an Australian reseller, mobicity, and they say they're getting some of the remaining stock.

    "At the present our agent is confirmed for 10,000 units, a proportion of which are ours. These units will arrive to HP at the same time that their remaining units sold through the HP US online retail sales division we will be shipping. They are coming from the same production run that have been in the news with Gizmodo, ZDnet, etc and described as the "last batch" units.

    In regards to future stocks, we are told regularly that there will be no more stocks after this last round of stocks arrives, and it will not be more than 150K units and the majority of which are slated for HP's own direct retail customers and Best Buy in the US."

    https://mobicity.zendesk.com/entries...d-availability
  18. #18  
    Let us hope their servers will not crumble under the intense load this time, then.
  19. #19  
    I would have to think HP will handle the distribution from here on out

    Also, if HP does do this, you can bet their awesome HP servers will handle the requests flawlessly.

    Let's just hope that those who signed up for the HP alert get first crack at them. As well as go after the hoarders, by limiting these to 1 per mailing address/credit card.

    I may just bypass the madness, and spend a few extra bucks on ebay and avoid the aggravation ulcers of those who slam the site to scoop up countless amounts.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by lideadhead View Post

    Let's just hope that those who signed up for the HP alert get first crack at them. As well as go after the hoarders, by limiting these to 1 per mailing address/credit card.

    .

    I registered all eight of my email addresses on the HP Touchpad notification page,
    just in case HP send me an email and gets diverted somewhere else(spam folder,
    for example)

    My 5 credit cards and 2 bank debit cards are with me at all times. I even bought
    a prepaid AmEx gift debit card just to make sure. I can receive packages at four
    different addresses, including my home, office, store, parent's home... my next-
    next-next-door neighbor even offered to let me use her address if necessary.
    (she already bought 2 Touchpads at BestBuy during the first week)

    In other words, I'm ready. The army is massing at the border, just waiting
    for HP to signal.


    (oh... and I just want two more Touchpads for my family use only, not for resale,
    because I cannot stand the constant hogging over the exisiting 3 Touchpads)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions