Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By next_milenium
  • 2 Post By BayAreaTreo
  • 3 Post By wickedcontra
  1.    #1  
    Okay I am trying to be kind here but the HP Butler Service is absolutely horrendous. The call center is Philippines based which makes it difficult for a non-native english speaker to relay effectively technical support. I had a minor, minor issue which was painful to discuss because the female support staff member couldn't understand me and I couldn't understand her. Additionally this maybe a cultural issue but the support member got nervous when there was a millisecond of dead air so she filled the time with "I am confident" or "I promise you," or "rest assured sir." What is funny those fillers had nothing to do with the conversations. Honestly it was completely out of context and she kept reciting a script with native english slang fillers.

What happens when I have to really dive deep and ask a technical question. Are these folks trained to handle technical questions because what I experienced would say no.

Honestly one of the most frustrating support calls I have had in a long time and I have dealt with Microsoft, Sprint and even AT&T in the past.

HP has (had) so much potential with the TP and they have gone the wrong route for supporting their user base. It is almost like HP setup the TP to fail before it even started.

Say what you want about Apple, Apple support staff are typically the best trained thus effective support staff I have ever interacted with to date. Not saying that Apple does everything correctly but if HP wanted to play in the tablet market don't you think they would have strengthen the support backbone since most people view the support staff as the face of HP. Do the customer service managers at HP ever monitor these calls from the USA and do they compare that experience to like companies. I would think no on both counts.

Sorry to vent but just wanted to prepare others for potential expectations. I really like and enjoy my TP and hope that other less technical people who dove into the TP can get better support than what I experienced.
    Last edited by BayAreaTreo; 09/06/2011 at 07:58 PM.
    For technical support, don't call them. It's probably easier and quicker if you post your question here.
    Dis likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    For technical support, don't call them. It's probably easier and quicker if you post your question here.
    Agreed 100%. Learned that lesson the hard way. This is truly a impressive community.
    dong1225 and Dis like this.
    we at precentral rock!!!!!
    Cantaffordit, dong1225 and Dis like this.
    Nowadays most companies outsource their support staff, it is not just HP. I have had problems with several large companies to where I could barely understand the customer service rep. In my experience it is much easier and quicker to just ask your question on the forums and get your answers there.
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaTreo View Post
    Agreed 100%. Learned that lesson the hard way. This is truly a impressive community.
    What they said. One thing I've learned over the last couple of years, is that Tech Support is a better time killer than most fart apps. I've usually wasted an hour or more time, usually knew more than them and by the end of the call had no further progress than the beginning of the call.....
    "Did you try a battery pull" is the first line of their scripts.

Don't frustrate yourself and waste your time. Between webOS Internals and Pre|Central, most of the time you can solve your own problems.
    Also try chatting with them instead of a phone call. That has actually worked pretty well for me. You can multitask while you're waiting for them to respond and you don't have to deal with foreign accents.