Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iboost79
  1.    #1  
    So I finally downloaded a touchpad camera app from the hp app store. I have low expectations for the camera and... wow, I was not disappointed.

Bad picture quality and impressively terrible frame rate.

Is the frame rate of maybe a few frames per second really the best this camera can do or is it the camera app? Free Cam for Touchpad?

If so, it's no wonder HP didn't include an application that can actually USE the camera other than skype.
    Isn't it a 1.3MP camera?
    It seems like the camera was included soley for video conferencing(which blows by the way.)...but I did not expect to use the camera for anything else, since you can not see what you are shooting unless you have it pointed at yourself....
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    I'm not sure why you'd want to use the camera for anything other than skype. It's a 1.3 MP camera with no viewfinder, and the only button to take a shot would be on the side opposite you if you are taking a picture of anything but yourself. What other use were you expecting for it knowing that?
    It's not bad in a well lit area.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    i love my touchpad but the camera is horrendous
    Well I used skype the other day to my wifes iphone 4 and it works fine the pic on my wifes phone was great but the iphone pic on the touchpad wad pixillated .
    Cheers
    John
    HP should have integrated all accounts with video chat capabilities. This could have been a great selling point as the only tablet to natively support video chat across all platforms.
    HP Touchpad 16GB
    PalmPixi_User23 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by iboost79 View Post
    HP should have integrated all accounts with video chat capabilities. This could have been a great selling point as the only tablet to natively support video chat across all platforms.
    I have to agree of what you saying about the video chat capabilities of the TouchPad. I cant seem to understand, the lack of support for more popular video chat programs other than Skype. The company of HP should a added more integration with more video-chat protocols like Yahoo! ; Google Talk ; Paltalk ; MSN ; AOL
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    taking pictures with a touchpad??? I think some thing is wrong with the user....
    It's pretty bad.....tried it with Skype......not very good.
    I don't understand why it's so important. Unless you like taking lots of pictures of yourself.
    I don't understand why it's so important. Unless you like taking lots of pictures of yourself.
    +1

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    There's nothing wrong with the camera. It just sucks. It has since we reviewed the TouchPad back in June, and it's not going to get any better.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright