1.    #1  
    I posted a similar message last week and I recieved 1000 views but no solution.

I have three accounts set up through the TouchPad email client (one Comcast and two Hotmail). My Comcast account works perfectly but the two Hotmail accounts will not sync after the initial activation.
    If I set up a Hotmail account on the Touchpad then I will immediately receive the initial batch of emails which are available on the Hotmail server. Once I close the Touchpad email client I no longer have the ability to send or receive Hotmail messages. When I re-open it the "sync" icon at the top of the screen will spin continuously until I close the program but no messages will be received.
    I've tried using automatic and manual setup options. I've tried using different ports and encryption methods. I understand that it is possible to set up Hotmail using the Exchange settings but I don't want to do that because Exchange does not render HTML (just text).

I can't be the only one with this problem. Does anyone have a solution?
    Last edited by stiggs; 09/14/2011 at 09:55 AM.
    Why would exchange not render HTML? Exchange ActiveSync should not have any impact on whether images are displayed or not. I may be wrong.

With the exchange option you MAY need to press the "Show Picture" button but at least you get a true syncing solution.
    Exchange ActiveSync 2.5, which is what reta*ded Microsoft has chosen to use with Hotmail, does not support HTML. Why ActiveSync 2.5? Because it is the oldest version that supports 'push' mail or else Microsoft would have probably used version 1.0. First they don't support 'push' mail for the longest time and then when they do, they do it totally half assed. It's almost as if Microsoft wants Hotmail users to stop using Hotmail and switch to GMail or Yahoo. I really cannot figure out how some of these companies think.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 09/06/2011 at 04:07 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Yeah I wondered about that as it doesn't show up on my Pre3 as an option so I'm shutting down one of my hotmail accs as it's not worth the hassle
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSnomad View Post
    Yeah I wondered about that as it doesn't show up on my Pre3 as an option so I'm shutting down one of my hotmail accs as it's not worth the hassle
    Actually, to setup Hotmail in webOS, you need to use either the "Email Account" or Microsoft Exchange" options in 'Add an Account'. Setting up Hotmail is not the issue and is as simple and straightforward as setting up a gMail and or a Yahoo email account. Although, why HP/Palm chose not to have a seperate button titled 'Hotmail' is something I don't understand. ANyhow, as I said, there are no issues in setting up a Hotmail account. The problem is that Hotmail will not deliver emails in HTML format. This is a limitation due to Microsoft using Exchange ActiveSync version 2.5 for Hotmail syncing with mobile devices.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 09/06/2011 at 04:39 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Ta for the info, will give it a go n see what the result is