Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #1  
    So it appears Woot.com is one of the few vendors not giving a reduction on TouchPad prices. Your options are a $100 refund (meaning you end up with a $279 16GB Touchpad), or an RMA form.

    I'm going for the RMA. I love the TouchPad and love all the apps, but I'm not paying that much. I have a $1k credit at a vendor for trading in parts and will be settling for an iPad.

    I'd have spent $99 to keep it vs free, but not $279.

    Hopefully the second wave will have a good price and I can snag one then.
  2. #2  
    That is about what it cost me to get a replacement Touchpad to make a return to Amazon (who owns Woot.com), due to the same lame policy. I gave up my battle for my own peace of mind, but will be making a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and the State Attorney General's office due to the fact that they made a number of price match refunds previously.
    All for One and One for All!
  3. #3  
    I can see why woot may not be able to offer the refund compared to other retailers. Anyway, if you return it, someone may have something to look forward to at the next woot off.
  4.    #4  
    <staff edit>

    I'm not leaving WebOS. I still have a Pre, a FrankenPre, and two Pre2s on the way. I'm just miffed about the lack of refund.

    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    I can see why woot may not be able to offer the refund compared to other retailers.
    I kinda don't. They're part of Amazon, and HP is supposed to be crediting vendors. Only thing I can think of is that HP didn't credit Woot for some reason. Maybe it considers them "close out" sales.

    Anyway, if you return it, someone may have something to look forward to at the next woot off.
    Hah!

    I'm actually now having to back away from my return idea. I left the original packaging in my office, and it looks like the cleaning staff decided to clear my window sill.

    I have the original HP info on the one box I still have. Maybe I'll contact them directly.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/06/2011 at 04:00 PM.
  5. #5  
    I've paid 260,-€ = 360,-$ for a developer device and don't get a refund.
    It's your decision if its worth the money. I keep mine.
    Typo Lad likes this.
  6. #6  
    I doubt that woot got those touchpads from HP. They got them from some other retailer at a discounted price and then sold them on woot for a little bit more. So, while woot (Amazon) can AFFORD to refund the price difference, they are under no obligation to do so. They are not (at least they aren't appearing to be) pocketing the difference.
  7.    #7  
    The packaging indicated that they were shipped from HP right to Woot.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I've paid 260,- = 360,-$ for a developer device and don't get a refund.
    It's your decision if its worth the money. I keep mine.
    To be fair I have to add: I got a pre2 and a veer for free as developer device.
    Typo Lad likes this.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Typo Lad View Post
    The packaging indicated that they were shipped from HP right to Woot.
    Well, then just send it back. I'm just saying that there is probably a good reason why they can't just refund the difference. If they were shipped from HP to woot, they probably negotiated a deal with a 3rd party who did not have all of their TouchPads warehoused.
    Typo Lad likes this.
  10. #10  
    can you really blame them for not matching the price. i am shocked at the retailers that did in the first place. if you bought it at a certain price thats what you bought it for, why would they refund money because it was firesaled. if u were running a business would you? its unforunate but clearly at the time you thought it was worth the money, what happened? there have been countless things that i have bought only to have it go on sale or on clearance shortly there after, such is life. I mean if you bought the day before or something like that i can see an exception but that would be about it.
    hope you find one at the price you want.
  11. #11  
    Woot's return policy say NO Returns unless they have too. So I understand. I was in the same boat until best buy changed their mind.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Typo Lad View Post
    I kinda don't. They're part of Amazon, and HP is supposed to be crediting vendors. Only thing I can think of is that HP didn't credit Woot for some reason. Maybe it considers them "close out" sales.
    Just because Woot.com is part of Amazon.com, it doesn't mean they have the same policies. They are a completely separate entity from each other. And Woot.com isn't a authorized reseller for HP products.
    HP Touchpad 16GB
  13. #13  
    for that price you can get a 32GB touchpad easily
  14. #14  
    I don't get it. You happily paid $379 for the product you say you love and now can get $100 off for $279 but you still want to return it and pay $500 for another product because the product you love is not worth $279 because other people got it for $99. I can understand your frustration with woot but I don't understand your use of the word "love".
  15. jamesp614's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #15  
    As one of the 612 people that ordered a TP from Woot, I am fine with the price I paid initially as well as the new price after the refund. At $285 it is just $35 more than a Nook Color and much more capable.

    I bought from Woot knowing that for the $15 I saved off of the $399 general sale price that weekend, I could not return the unit. The fact that the units then went down to $99 the next week is not the fault of Woot. They have tried to obtain the price match from HP and may yet still obtain it. The $100 refund is a gesture on their part to make it right for the customer.

    I tried to obtain a $99 unit from multiple online and B&M sites to no avail. As far as I am concerned a $285 TP in hand is better that a $99 TP in the bush.

    As to buying a unit off of CL or eBay for ~$260, I am not in favor of helping those that hoarded the units to make a quick buck. I'd pay $260 to a person that has a spare unit that is a WebOS fan and wants to see the eco-system grow, not to someone out to take advantage of those that could not secure an order for one unit later in the game.
  16. #16  
    As with Superjudge, I dont get it either. Did you expect to get a refund when you bought it? Otherwise, didnt you buy something you thought was worth the price? and now that others have gotten refunds you feel like you should also?
    moneil7 likes this.
  17. #17  
    Situation sucks, not woot's fault. No one forced you to guy the TP from woot at $379. At $279, it's a better deal than what you originally paid.

    If you closed on your mortgage @ 5% interest and days later the rate drops to 3.5%, you think the bank will give you a freebie?

    Such is life.
    Typo Lad likes this.
  18. mikesus's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #18  
    Color me confused too...

    OK so you paid more, but they are offering to refund and you could EASILY buy an Ebay 32gb for the same price.

    I really don't think you love the touchpad, you just wanna whine that you paid too much...
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Typo Lad View Post
    I'd have spent $99 to keep it vs free, but not $279.
    I have to go along with several posters and say "then why did you push that big "I want one" button in the first place?" You apparently thought it was worth $379 for long enough to commit to a rather involved purchasing process (you can tell I have wooted before?) and completed it. Did you have some kind of inside information that HP was going to flush their entire tablet production at a huge loss?
    Typo Lad likes this.
  20.    #20  
    I guess I'm just miffed, honestly. My good deal became a bad deal. I don't think woot "owes" me anything and I'm glad they're willing to take them back (which as someone mentioned, is against their normal policies). It's just... frustrating, you know?

    The dude who made the point "at least I have one" is right. At least I have one. I love the apps I have, and the form factor and the OS. Love being able to make calls, etc.

    Oh and...

    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    I don't get it. You happily paid $379 for the product you say you love and now can get $100 off for $279 but you still want to return it and pay $500 for another product
    No, the other product would be free. But you worded my sillyness perfectly. Thanks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions