Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes
    I can understand being miffed, especially with the economy the way it is.

If it were me, I would take them up on the "return and get money back" offer and then try to get one off ebay or craigslist (if you really wanted webOS). Otherwise, I'd spend the money on a Transformer or something.
    just because it went on a firesale, it does not mean that the device is worth that. Imo this is far superior to the iPad, it still new and the the apps are growing (who needs 30 fart apps?) I have mine from first day it came out, and just got a second one for my wife at the incredible price of 280.00 both 32 gigs.
    Typo Lad likes this.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    I can understand being miffed, especially with the economy the way it is.

If it were me, I would take them up on the "return and get money back" offer and then try to get one off ebay or craigslist (if you really wanted webOS). Otherwise, I'd spend the money on a Transformer or something.
    I want WebOS. I really, really want WebOS. And like someone else said, at least I have one. Not gonna take the eBay risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typo Lad View Post
    I guess I'm just miffed, honestly. My good deal became a bad deal. I don't think woot "owes" me anything and I'm glad they're willing to take them back (which as someone mentioned, is against their normal policies). It's just... frustrating, you know?

The dude who made the point "at least I have one" is right. At least I have one. I love the apps I have, and the form factor and the OS. Love being able to make calls, etc.
    I am fairly certain I would feel exactly the same way.

Also, I know at least a dozen people who are really upset that they couldn't get one at all and are planning extreme measures to get one from the next batch. And I got mine almost by accident not even looking for it, and that engenders jealousy ... and offers of cash.
    Typo Lad likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typo Lad View Post
    I want WebOS. I really, really want WebOS. And like someone else said, at least I have one. Not gonna take the eBay risk.
    You already have webOS.
    Take the $100 off and then sell it to some one at your $280 cost, you might be able to find a developer who needs one and that would help the community and make sure the device doesn't get into the hands of an ebay flipper.
    I think what many might find confusing and frustrating is the idea that Woot will take the unit back and refund all your money, but won't just match the discounted price and let you keep it. What is Woot going to do with the now opened and used TouchPad? Sell it? If they sell it it can't possibly fetch as much as they'll be refunding. Who would buy a "refurb" TouchPad for $379? Return them to HP? Why would HP want opened/used TouchPads back at full price?

I suspect it has something to do with HP being unwilling to credit Woot unless they can be gauranteed the credits go to the original customers, and Woot is unwilling or unable to make that assurance to HP's satisfaction. Woot of course doesn't want to make a precedent of price matching after a sale... but then they've already made an exception to allow returns.

I think Woot should have stuck to their no returns policy and said they'll continue to work with HP to try to get the price match done.

Also, if they're not getting a price match from HP, then the $100 refund they're offering if you keep the touchpad is out of their own "pocket". If 612 people bought TouchPads, they're offering $61,200 off their bottom line, far more than they made off the TouchPad sale and the next 10 Woots combined.
    Typo Lad likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12